Delays in rolling out vaccine

We delayed the roll out of the vaccine. Then we brought the rollout forward by one day, that actually turned out to be a half day. We saw "Annie" get her jab, how many other people got the jab yesterday?

If they cannot get in to the nursing homes to vaccinate people because of consent problems, I hope that the vaccines don't end up in a fridge waiting.

Sorry but I am on the side of Kimmage Girl here. You also said the word "will". Every vaccine will not require two jabs. Those that are available "now" which is basically one vaccine requires two jabs. Can you even admit that other vaccines may not require two jabs?

I read today, whether right or wrong the following

Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine approved for use in UK (thejournal.ie)

This is good news. The U.K. has ordered 100 million of these.

QUOTE="Paul O Mahoney, post: 1697995, member: 109671"]
Are you willing to pay, via taxes,for all those extra hrs that you perceive are needed?

Every vaccine that is now available require two jabs and the third Moderna also require two jabs.
This is a fact that can't be disputed.
What other vaccines may or may not need is a matter of speculation as none of them are available and some might never be available.

1. We have a vaccine but nothing like the numbers we need. [Problem 1]
2. Before we administer the vaccine "permission" must be sought for its use [Problem 2]*
3. Strict Records must be kept and a "Covid" passport issued to recipients of the vaccine.

*Let's hope that those who do not wish to avail of the vaccine won't delay the vaccination for those who do.

1. We have a vaccine but nothing like the numbers we need. [Problem 1]
2. Before we administer the vaccine "permission" must be sought for its use [Problem 2]*
3. Strict Records must be kept and a "Covid" passport issued to recipients of the vaccine.

*Let's hope that those who do not wish to avail of the vaccine won't delay the vaccination for those who do.

Well supply will increase over the next few weeks and months.

Consent should always be sought and a person's right to refuse respected.

Strict recording procedures are a part of any vaccine roll out , can't see this as an issue. Vaccine passports I certainly would not advocate and shouldn't be considered.

If people don't want the vaccine I can't see how this could be a hindrance to vaccinating those who do, if anything it might speed up vaccinating the rest.

Every vaccine will require 2 doses to achieve the stated efficiency levels right now.
No. As others have pointed out not every vaccine will require 2 doses to achieve the stated efficiency levels right now. Some will only require one dose.
(The current vaccine requires two doses but others are on the way)
These vaccines have been talked about for some time. Why is it that you cannot accept this or comments that other people are making about different things?

No. As others have pointed out not every vaccine will require 2 doses to achieve the stated efficiency levels right now. Some will only require one dose.
(The current vaccine requires two doses but others are on the way)
These vaccines have been talked about for some time. Why is it that you cannot accept this or comments that other people are making about different things?
Name a vaccine that is now approved anywhere that isn't a double dose.

Actually name any vaccine that requires only one dose.....

I don't have to accept anything what other people are talking about, the facts are there.

Every vaccine will require 2 doses to achieve the stated efficiency levels right now.

Your comment above states that "every" vaccine "will" require two doses. You are talking about other future vaccines here, not just the one recently approved. This is obvious in your comment. Why are you now trying to obfuscate with your subsequent comments.

But this isn't good enough for some, we have created a new class " the moaning class" where the best efforts of others is a constant target for ridiculous ill-informed attacks including personal attacks on people who have given it everything, everyday for everyone.
We have not created a new class "the moaning class". People have the right to question and as you said yourself in another thread "I don't have to accept anything what other people are talking about, the facts are there."

Your comment above states that "every" vaccine "will" require two doses. You are talking about other future vaccines here, not just the one recently approved. This is obvious in your comment. Why are you now trying to obfuscate with your subsequent comments.
I'm quite aware of what I wrote and its true the last two words in the sentence are the clue

I'm quite aware of what I wrote and its true the last two words in the sentence are the clue
Yes. We were all there. So I am not sure why you needed to remind us.

But this isn't good enough for some, we have created a new class " the moaning class" where the best efforts of others is a constant target for ridiculous ill-informed attacks including personal attacks on people who have given it everything, everyday for everyone.

Here is an article I assume from one of your "moaning class".

Vaccine passports I certainly would not advocate and shouldn't be considered.
I don't understand your opposition to this , it is the means to open up things and get people to take the vaccine. In any case even if our government decides they are not going to issue them they still may be necessary for travel to other countries as those countries may require it? People will be really angry when even after getting vaccinated they are still not able to enter other countries because of lack of certification

valery "working 9-5, averages around 1 person vaccinated per hour, per vaccinator. "
how is it taking a hour to do one person ?

is it the tracking software thats causing issue ,not being trained up on it?
also how many vaccinators are available to administer it ?

valery "working 9-5, averages around 1 person vaccinated per hour, per vaccinator. "
how is it taking a hour to do one person ?
Part of the problem is that the HSE's main priority is its own bureaucratic self-reproduction. Like many other bureaucracies of its kind, its "business model" is essentially parasitical, seeking to
extract from society as much as possible while delivering as little as it can get away with. In the past, this was tempered by pressure from the media, opposition parties and public pressure groups. Since the onset of the pandemic that pressure has eased notably. Interviews with health officials on TV and radio are now much more deferential than before the pandemic. Perhaps the media doesn't want to be seen as cynical spoilers of a collective national effort. Millions spent on pandemic-related public service advertising might also play some part. The media is in a difficult position, but they should now resume their traditional role of holding those in power to account.

Last edited:
is it the tracking software thats causing issue ,not being trained up on it?
also how many vaccinators are available to administer it ?
No. I have heard that there was a problem with their Abacuses. I think lead paint was found even though they paid top dollar for them.

Part of the problem is that the HSE's main priority is its own bureaucratic self-reproduction. Like many other bureaucracies of its kind, its "business model" is essentially parasitical, seeking to
extract from society as much as possible while delivering as little as it can get away with.
alot of truth in that, aswell as that all the quangos that the government has set up over the last 2 decades are more grit in the gears.

Oxford vaccine being rolled out now in UK, first batch 500,000 delivered. This vaccine can be produced easily and in big numbers, hopefully it is authorized quickly in the EU, the bureacrats need to get out of the way there aswell once the scientists are ok with it.

Last edited:
Back