Delays in Revenue

P

Penfold

I've just been on the phone to Revenue and have been told there's a 3 to 4 month delay in my particular section (north Dublin) dealing with correspondence / claims.
I sent in my claims in early October and was told by someone in my particular unit that the letter hasn't even been opened yet.

Must remember this next time they ask me for CGT money!

I was trying to sort out something with Revenue a few weeks ago and had to ring them several times over a week or so. On no occasion did anyone answer the phone before 10 a.m. in spite of the fact that their office hours start at 9. So, it's no wonder there's a backlog if you don't start work until 10!!

some tax areas are an utter disgrace at the moment .

Yesterday on the free phone line the person answering refused to answer more than 3 queries I had.

So I had to hang up after the third query redial and quess what...........

I got through to the same person who then proceeded to answer the remaining 2 questions I had :lol :lol

Revenue delays

I've been waiting for a refund since October, still no sign of it. Enquiries by my accountant were met with the usual assurances about "it'll be there next week" sort of thing.

Has there been a recent deterioration in service or an increased workload? What is going on with these guys?

M

Re: Revenue delays

Maybe it's some sort of work to rule protest at the de-centralisation plans ???

I've always found them helpful on the phones (when I can get through within 5 minutes of holding, after that I usually give up) but for some reason anything you send to them seems to get lost in a black hole for 3 months.

When I sent in the claims in October it was the 2nd time I'd sent them in as they'd "never arrived" the first time (August).

I did inquire could I send it the form by registered post but was told nobody would be able to sign for registered post but I was more than welcome to take some time off work and go into them to hand over my letter to the porter !

I did inquire could I send it the form by registered post but was told nobody would be able to sign for registered post

I sent two letters to revenue last year and both of them "never arrived" i.e. got lost. I sent a copy by registered post and they replied. So now I send everything by registered post. I guess it's harder for them to ignore.

Revenue customer service has deteriorated quite a bit in the past 12-18 months, largely as a result of their internal reorganisation about a year ago.

I'm not really sure if there is much advantage in using registered post. All registered post does is ensure that An Post will deliver a letter to a specific address. Once the porter at the front door accepts and signs for the letter, all you can do is pray that nobody loses, mislays, misfiles or just forgets about your letter after that...

Back