Delays in drawing down Funds with PTSB

Staycoolwilson

Hi everyone

Is anyone experiencing delays in drawing down mortgage funds with PTSB? We have currently waited 5 working days and are being told it should be around 8 working days to get it!

Just worried as lucky kept the rental we have to the end of the month but anymore delays and it's going to get very complicated.

Also does anyone know of a complaint system in Ireland, as it seems crazy the a two day draw down can just turn to 8 days. We have had to rearrange moving plans, people we had got to help us move can no longer help us and all the things we had planned for after moving are now all planned to happen on moving day. How can anyone be expected to sort anything, god knows what would happen if a chain was involved.

Anyone going through this or has previously gone through through it with any advice I would appreciate any help.

Cheers

They are shockingly slow.

But keep your powder dry for now.

Get your money, move into your house and then file a complaint.

You'll have to start with PTSB first & then you have the option of the financial ombudsman

On what grounds?
The OP believes they have grounds for complaint. The question was how to go about doing so.

It's not for me to defend a bank that defy belief with their inefficiency.

My advice to the OP is get the mortgage & house sorted first & then file their complaint.

The OP believes they have grounds for complaint.
I mean even to take it to the FPSO they would have to exhaust the complaint first with the lender.......

Anyway the FPSO is basically interested in errors by financial services providers which result in a loss to a customer and where redress can be given.

None of this would seem to apply here.

My partner and I are due to close on a house tomorrow, and had gone with Ptsb.

I'm not holding my breath in terms of landing it on close day, but it will be interesting to see how it goes. Thankfully not part of a chain too.

Back