Degiro vs TD investing vs Interactive brokers fees

Tastebuds

Hi all,

I am trying to compare a few brokers before i make my first investment in US domiciled ETFs
  • Degiro 2E + 0.04%
  • TDinvesting flat rate of E20 for a standard account
  • Interactive brokers (based in US but accept Irish resident accounts). Price is 0.005/ share.
Comparing TD and Degiro
  • if investment = 45K: Degiro and TD have the same fees. Degiro fees= 2 + 45000*0.0004 =20E
  • if investment <45 K: Degiro is cheaper than TD
  • if investment >45 K: TD is cheaper than Degiro
Interactive brokers charge fees depending on the share price, but in the examples I saw the fees would be lower than Degiro and TD

Does this make sense?

Thanks

Degiro also charges a 'Setting up trade possibilities' fee. It is €2.50 (max 0.25% of portfolio) per year per exchange excluding your home exchange.

You'll also need to look at the margin each broker take for converting your currency to USD say if you want to buy US stocks. I believe Degiro are cheaper than TD for this

You'll also need to look at the margin each broker take for converting your currency to USD say if you want to buy US stocks. I believe Degiro are cheaper than TD for this

For that one TD would be better in my case, because i already have a USD account in Irleland. Unfortunately, Degiro only accepts EUR deposits and they will to the currenty conversion themselves. TD conveniently accepts USD deposits so no currency conversion fees apply

Back