DeGiro pros/cons?

I had a problem sending a copy of my passport card to open the account. Gave up eventually. Did anyone else have a problem registering ID?

i setup an degiro account to transfer existing shares from II (Ireland back in may) to degiro, waited in the queue at the time, the after joining told they are not accepting existing shares from other traders. was told they might in the future. still waiting for an answer.

meanwhile II (UK) have managed to take 13.98 sterling off me for the last 7 months for pretty much doing nothing.

i don't do a lot of monthly trading.

can anyone suggest a trader with less fees than II (UK) that wont run off with my shares or be effected by brexit as an irish resident

You could try Interactive Brokers (not the same as II). I’m considering them given that IG have dumped me. They are moving to Lux so they’ll be brexit proof.

You could try Interactive Brokers (not the same as II). I’m considering them given that IG have dumped me. They are moving to Lux so they’ll be brexit proof.
Likewise I'm with ii.co,uk and they charge 9.99 STG and a charge for being outside the UK which bumps it up to 13.98. I tried DeGiro, but cannot get past the ID documentation clearance. Anyhow, from what I see above, they aren't taking transfers in. I'll have a look at interactive brokers so.

... as a by the by, I emailed DeGiro as I couldn't get the app to accept my passport card as ID. They just replied saying they no longer accept passport cards as ID . This didn't flag when I tried it, so I'm posting this for information purposes.

... as a by the by, I emailed DeGiro as I couldn't get the app to accept my passport card as ID. They just replied saying they no longer accept passport cards as ID . This didn't flag when I tried it, so I'm posting this for information purposes.
I opened account with DEGIRO earlier this summer, took a while but in process of transferring over II portfolio, hopefully it will go smoothly

I opened account with DEGIRO earlier this summer, took a while but in process of transferring over II portfolio, hopefully it will go smoothly
I'm hoping to do the same. ii are okay, but 14 STG a month for not a lot isn't great. I'd be interested to hear what you make of the platform?

Back