DEGIRO no longer allowing to buy uk trusts

Berkshire Hathaway is a diversified holding company. People always forget about the business they own outright.
Berkshire has roughly 50 companies that it invests in, through it's stock portfolio.
But it also owns roughly 70 companies outright. These 70 companies do not show up on the stock portfolio list.
So roughly 120 different companies that Berkshire invests in. This is not quite as diversified as FCIT (roughly 400 companies), however it is quite a bit more than most of the other Investment trusts.
Generally I consider anything over 100 different holdings as well diversified.

Number of Holdings
F&C- 440
BNKR -200
CTY - 86
Monks - 55
Murray - 53
JPMorgan Global Growth and Income - 52
Scottish Mortgage - 37

Sorry for spamming this topic, one last post which I feel is relevant.
It seems that Trading212 holds your shares on IBKR (Interactive brokers) if I'm understanding this correctly. From "https://helpcentre.trading212.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008702918-Do-I-own-my-shares" it states:
"

Where are my shares held?​

Your shares are held in a pooled account at Interactive Brokers, one of the largest brokers in the world. Pooled accounts are commonly known as omnibus accounts.

What’s an omnibus account?​

An omnibus account is an account that holds the shares of multiple individual clients under one broker. It’s the industry standard most brokers use since it’s an effective way to hold client assets."

This is greatly reassuring to me as IBKR (whilst having a poor/dated web interface) are around a while and seem pretty rock solid. I think I'm just going to put everything in T212.
Why not spread your investments around differnt neo-brokers? I have mine split between Trading212 and Lightyear while I'm pondering opening a third with DeGiro.

Another related question to this. I have a degiro account and I have a number of UK investment trusts in that account like City of London trust. However degiro have put these into a seperate category titled ETFs/Trackers and these investment trusts are in this category. My concern is that revenue doing a trawl of brokerage accounts will flag this up as ETF assets not declared when purchased and will have to go through a big rigramoll to prove that they are not ETFs

Back