Deferred benefit statement timescale

Zebedee

I have a deferred DB pension from an employment in the 1990s. I tracked down the administrators and have requested a note of the anticipated benefits at nra and transfer value. I have been waiting quite a while for a response (I know covid might slow things down).

Is there a statutory or other deadline for their response? (I know there are statutory deadlines for annual statements or leaving service quotes etc).

Apologies if this has been asked already. I did a search but haven’t spotted any similar question)

Thanks in advance.

Just to note ... "DB" = Defined Benefit, not Deferred Benefit.

What's "quite a while"?
When and how did you contact them?

Perhaps there's something useful here...
... and, if not, you could ask them?

Thanks for your response.

Contacted by sending a letter. About 6 weeks wait. I have followed up a few times but “working from home, will get back to you”. So I was wondering if there is an statutory period that I could wave at them.

Amazingly Pension Authority did not seem to have up to date information. (Surely schemes have to report to PA on a regular basis). They had a list of registered administrators and I phoned around a few of the larger ones before I got the right one.

From PA website I see that schemes will have to provide info to deferred members from this year. I’ll give them a call re deadlines for info.

Thanks

Back