Deerpark, kiltipper

ggirl

I am hoping to buy in Deerpark in Kiltipper and am wondering if anyone has any info about the estate? I know the traffic probably isn't great in the mornings (where is it!!) but just wonder about any other issues? I have been up there several times at different times of day and night to check it out and it seems very quiet. As a girl on my own I am particularly interested in security issues etc? Thanks

Hi,

Myself and my boyfriend moved into Kiltipper about 8 months ago and so far love it. Have had no problems and were we are is very quiet - you might here the odd party on a sat night as most people around are fairly young but nothing major. The bus service is grand although the 54a takes forever to get into town. I usually get it to the square and get the luas in - only takes five mins to the square. Eurospar is fine, new pub opened that seems grand (however I've only been in the lounge a couple of times - dont know what the sportsbar is like) Friend of mine lives in deerpark and he has pretty much the same experience as me....hairdressers, bookies, butchers, pharmacy etc all at marlfield.

Hi Ggirl

I had been living in Kiltipper (Marlfield) for the last 2 years. Overall the area is fine with good amenities. Shops, pub and a very good butchers....

Never really used the bus service during the day, but did use the Nitelink which is very handy as it is about 20 quid from town for a Taxi.

One bit of advice about Deerpark is to have a good walk around the area before you decide. One end (around Deerpark road, view, place & way ) is fine. Fairly quiet and no messing goin on. Down the other end towards Cushlawn is a different story. I know a few people down there who have had hassle from little thugs with nothing better to be doin. There was talk from the council of building a large wall between Deerpark and Cushlawn.

Dont mean to scare you off. As i said most of it is fine. Just have a good look around the area first

Back