Decreasing font/icon sizes on laptop?

PM1234

Hi,

Somehow I have managed to unintentionally increase the font size and size of the icons on the laptop :eek: I don't know how I managed to do it and so can't figure out a way to get them back to the default size. I've tried going through every icon on the bottom right hand corner (I was looking for the volume button when this happened so I'm sure its on the same toolbar but just can't figure it out). I have checked 'view' and its setting is normal.

I've googled for the answer and it says I maybe need to fix the resolution? I have played around with this (but haven't saved anything) as my changes don't appear to fit the page properly. Its at 1280 X 768 and the font is set at normal. If I decrease the resolution, the screen seems to minimise and is edged in black. Increasing it doesn't fix my problem.

The problem with the large font is that I have to tick a box at the end of the page I need and the screen is too big to scroll down so I can't tick the box. Also the icons are taking over the screen.

I've tried rebooting etc. Can anyone help? Its a Dell laptop. Windows XP.

Thanks

Update: Dell quickset resized them so problem finally solved at 2.15am :eek:

I assume you do not use do not use assistive technology like a screen reader or screen magnification program.

Here is two possible ways. Try each one and see if either works

Right Click Desktop + Choose "Properties"
In the Properties Window click on the "Appearance Tab" at the top.
In the Appearance Window click on the button called "Advanced"
In the Advanced Window choose "Item:" from the drop down list and choose "Icon" and you can choose desired Icon font size and Type.

Go to Start, Control Panel (make sure you're in the classic view)
Double click on the Display icon
Click on the Settings tab and then hit the Advanced button.
Under the General tab, you can select which DPI setting you prefer.
You can choose from Normal size, Large size or you can even make a Custom size just for you
Restart the computer (you will be prompted)

change your font size,
Go back to Start, Control Panel
Click on the Display icon again.
Click on the Appearance tab
Use the Font size drop down box to choose between Normal, Large or Extra Large.
Then just hit OK and you'll be all set.

Best of luck

Back