Declare Tax? Should I?

R

robdugg

I'm starting a website which will allow people to advertise on it for a fee. Should I declare tax on the money made from this?

I'm starting a website which will allow people to advertise on it for a fee. Should I declare tax on the money made from this?

It's not that simple. You will have to do a profit and loss, you won't just pay tax on the fee, it will be less your business costs. Have a look at revenue.ie for tax advice on starting your own business and also look at AAM for business start ups (not sure if this exists but I'm sure there's plenty of advice). Banks also have documentation on starting a business.

I don't understand the other 3 posters points. The OP asked a simple question and there was no hint of tax evasion in it.

I don't understand the other 3 posters points. The OP asked a simple question and there was no hint of tax evasion in it.

The poster asked "should I declare", the wording of which would indicate that he/she was contemplating not declaring it which is tax evasion.

the poster asked "should i declare", the wording of which would indicate that he/she was contemplating not declaring it which is tax evasion.

+1

If OP had said 'how do I declare tax' responses would have been different.

Apologies. Of course I intend to declare Tax. I'm totally new to this and this is only a small business on the side which I want to start up.

Thank you Bronte for your post. I'll pop int the bank for info and check revenue.ie.

Super :)

Back