Decking or Patio???

You can buy paving slabs especially designed to cover manholes, whilst still allowing you access to the drain. I would prefer this to leaving a plastic manhole in the patio.

Sorry to go slightly of he original post but just wondering if anyone has used this new "plastic decking" - it looks great, in fact you wouldn't really tell the difference. It is advertised as maintenance free.

Has anyone used it?

regards your man hole if you want you could change it for one that you can set your patio slab into they usally come with two little plate's in corner that you can use a bar to lift up cover if you need to inspect or rod this also show were it is as you will see little plate. i used them a few times you can get them in dublin providers there is one in kilmanham

I just finished 23m2 of indian Sandstone behind my 3 bed semi. it has amazing colours that change when wet/dry . Also contains fossils which i find facinating. There are amazing deals on stone at the moment. i rang around got the best price i could and then bargained more discount for cash on the day of purchase. Worked out at €15 m2. Paved up to the back door. Materials hardcore/Sand/cement. €388. 3.5 Days to finish (with help)

Regrading the manhole/ Gullies. Simply make a timber box with no bottom or top. Place over the required access point, backfill around with gravel/ sand cement and then cut a stone to sit on top. works a treat and no messing with the drainage.

hope this helps

I came across this blog about that might be helpfull. It's about the wood plastic decking.

Hi Tango - just wondering where your bought your sandstone? Will PM Any other leads for good prices for stone?

Tango1 - sounds like you got a great deal. I see some old posts (back in tiger-time) and the prices were much dearer.

I'd like to second the request from greenfield to tango1... if you don't want to identify the particular company from whom you got the best deal, could you perhaps share with us the companies on your short list... that would allow us to make some educated guesses!

Back