Decided not to sell -Do I still pay solicitor

Lan

Have our home up a few months with no luck and are thinking of taking it off the market. Our solicitor has requested the deeds from the bank nothing else. Will I have to pay her? I don't want to say it to her yet as we are still weighing up our options.
Thanks

Yes, of course you do. She has done work for you. But it probably will not be very much. Your lender charges anything from E30 - E70 to take up the Deeds - you don't think she should pay that, do you?

mf

Obviously I have no problem paying for whatever charges she incurred, I would not expect her to be out of pocket but what about the full fees which were €2000?

You will have to pay the bank fee for requesting the Deeds usually around €35.00. A Solicitor may charge you nothing because they know you will probably come back to them when you do sell eventually or even with another matter, another solicitor may charge for work to date, it should not be that much maybe €150 scrivenary fee for work to date it all depends on the Solicitor. I would contact them to let them know because the title deeds may not be received from the bank and it would be less work for them to ring the bank and cancel than wait for them to come and then send them back up again.

Back