December Tracker Update - Central Bank et al

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( Thought it was 15th! Need to get a life!

I read your post above (20th) but for some reason at the moment, my brain distorts information!!!

Starting to think that being off work is turning my brain to mush!

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said in a previous post / thread, the overall programme of work involved to redress & compensate 100’s / 1000s of cases, is not a 6 week activity. No way! The contract checking / initial sign offs / legal approvals / compliance approvals / & resource constraints this time of year, Are just a few tasks & dependencies, & I really believe KBC only “commenced” this in Nov, on the back of the apologies that other banks decided to make, & the corrective action that other banks decided to take! An update will be welcome next week, but it’ll happen. Good progress has been made, however this time of year is silly season, & very unproductive in my experience, in account of annual leave, parties. While it’s easy to mobilize a team to handle inbound calls, it’s less easy to mobilize additional legal eagles
It not as if Christmas suddenly arrived without them knowing - its the same date every year.

What irks me and other KBC customer is the utter BS they have spouted in their statements which they know damn well to be utter bs.

Padraig Kissane has many many KBC clients, on AAM there are dozes too.

Yet KBC say that they started contacting affected customers since early NOV, but NOT ONE aam member or kissane client has been contacted - what odds would Paddy Power offer on that!

There are conflicting reports as to what is due to happen tomorrow. I've had a chat with a couple of journalists about this, plus going on the information freely available online.

December 20th
Central Bank will release statement on the progress of redress and compensation for identified customers since their statement on 25th of October. There is unlikely to be many additional affected customers disclosed tomorrow simply because that's not the purpose of the report. They'll release the statement online and distribute it across their social media.
Note. BOI customers who were in the additional 6,000 identified in early November are not expected to receive redress/compensation before year end. BOI may issue a timeline under which this is to happen.

December 31st
I'm told that this is a deadline for all customers to be identified by the banks. This means there will be a further release early in the New Year on the numbers affected. As the Central Bank continues to challenge 'cohorts' extra numbers may appear well into March 2018.

Hope your right on Dec deadline to identify all customers. I see no evidence of this currently from my contact with CB or Ulster Bank. Central Bank just reaffirm UB line on no info be patient and I must wait etc etc. Wearing very thin after 2 years of this❓

Hope your right on Dec deadline to identify all customers. I see no evidence of this currently from my contact with CB or Ulster Bank. Central Bank just reaffirm UB line on no info be patient and I must wait etc etc. Wearing very thin after 2 years of this❓
Totally agree. Patience is all gone at this stage. Stress levels through the roof waiting on the promised redress.

I guess we are one of those receiving a small refund. Checked my mortgage account yesterday and spotted an interest refund of €317 with a reference 2009-2016. If this is the extent of it we are not impressed. We have clause 3.2 in our T&Cs stating that we should have been offered a tracker at the prevailing rate when our fixed rate ended. The bank (AIB) must be getting away with retrospectively setting this prevailing rate at ECB + 3.67. Gutted is not the word!!!!

I'm at work and couldn't listen in, is there any more detail on what was said? Many thanks to all

I'm at work and couldn't listen in, is there any more detail on what was said? Many thanks to all
I havent listened yet and i can't post the links but if you google "Rte sean o'rouke" his show is broken up into each small segment if you scroll down there's a 10 min clip on tracker mortgages. Pat kenny would be available on podcast if intrested

Sean O'rouke was Catriona Redmond (@SaySomething) speaking about her case and Charlie Weston speaking a little on catriona's case and a bit more in general on numbers affected and compensation.

@SaySomething I find it amazing 1 year on from being told your getting your tracker back you have got nothing and still in the dark. My case is totally different and with a different lender but an awful lot of similarities in how they have treated us. Been with Padraic for over 3 years and no idea if we will get anything, as banks are still refusing to acknowledge we are affected. The not knowing but always hoping is so frustrating and drives you crazy

So all this still means is “cheques in the post”..... maybe but you’ll just have to wait it out.

It looks like EBS are covered under the AIB "Group". EBS freephone number in the AIB statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back