Debtor- Liquidation - New Start Up

Cantona7

One of my clients went into liquidation in May 09. Now i find out that there is a new company, registered in Jan 09, operating with same phone numbers, same vans, same website content on a new url, same employees etc etc. However the only difference is the new reg limited company has 2 employees listed as directors of the new company.

Now i know these directors are only a front as the original owner is heavily involved in this company. I understand this is a "phoenix from the flames" operation but is galling to see my €10k they didnt pay going toward this new set up.

Is there anyway this sort of behaviour can be reported to any authorities?

Please edit title if required.

There were various amendments to Company law a number of years ago to avoid this type of carry on. I think the best thing is for you to find a solicitor who is conversant with commercial law and to fight your case.

There are laws that are supposed to protect people like you from the Phoenic Syndrom. Unfortunately, it still goes on as there are loop holes.

I would suggest going to an experienced insolvency lawyer and explaining your position with a view to approaching the new company requesting compensation or you will make reports to ODCE, DPP and the other creditors who lost out on Old Co.

You can make a written submission to the liquidator of the company who then must follow up on any information you have provided.

If the directors are subsequently disqualified / restricted (can take 2 years) then you can make a complaint to the odce stating that the restricted / disqualified director is acting as a defacto director.

Back