Debt with BOI

T

torres1892

Hi all,
I am looking for advice on a debt i have with BOI.
As a former gambling addict i got into a lot of debt which being paid back slowly but surely.i have a debt with BOI of about 7000 euros which i havent paid in over a year.recieved a few letters from there solictors last november and agreed to pay back 30 euros a week.then i was laid off work in january my second time in 6 months after being made reduntant in june 2009.i have not contacted there solictors since and they havent been in contact with me since.i am now getting a bit panicky as i think they might bring me to court or something.
Is anyone in the same situation as me or something similiar or can anyone advise me on what might be happening or advise me what me what to do?

Sorry forget to say i never started these repayments as i agreed to start them in january!!!!!!!!!

First of all well done for seeking advice and hope my advice helps.

did they send you a summons?
was this a personal loan or credit card?
what did the letter say?

Hi startagain,
thank you for your reply,
no i havent recieved a summons as of yet and the loan is a personal loan,the last contact i had was on the 26th of november to precise by letter to which it said:

We will accept weekly payments of 30 euros to commence the first week of january.as advise this repayment schedueed will be reviewed in 6 months at which stage depending on youe circumstances an increase in repayments may be requested.in the interim please note thet failure by you to adhere to this agreement will result in legal proceedigs being issued againsy you immediately.

Thats the last i heard from the solicitors!!!

its not a lot you owe so no need to worry :)

write to the solicitor and say that you havent heard from them and offer what you can a week..if they refuse then say ok i will return to the 30 a week when i find some work.

They may have started court proceedings but its a long time.. maybe the financial crisis has slowed the court down but main thing is to contact them and see where you stand.

Hi startagain,
thank you for your reply,

will ring solicitors in the morning,started work again in april but am just getting things sorted now.i also have a big debt with GE MONEY to which i owe 16000 euros but am paying back 25 a week to some debt collection called debitask,they asked me to buy the debt off them for 7000 euros but couldnt afford it will take me forever at 25 a week but its being paid back which is the main thing.also have debts with credit union and privident which is nearly cleared so i am getting there.

thank you again for your reply!!!!

you are getting there so dont let the stress get you down (and i know from personal experience that it can!)

you can pm any time to ask for more advice if you like :) im dealing with BOI aswell and have being for a few years

Back