Debt passed to Intrum, but not fair.

SDMXTWO

Just this afternoon received IJ letter as a debt has been passed on to them. It follows a series of unfortunate events regarding breaking of telecoms contract, payment to be taken over by another, texts being sent to cancelled number (and not to bill payer)and a verbal telephone conversation regarding a final demand letter and an agreement of monthly payments.

If it goes to IJ is that just the end of it, ie no point in taking it any further.

Intrum can do bugger all without a judgement except harass you to try and get payment. If you want to contest the debt you will get an opportunity if/when they take you to court to get a judgement against you.

I would be afraid of having a credit default against my name (unblemished). What annoys me more is the circumstance in which it happened.

Not sure what you mean but Utility companies are not members of the ICB , if that's what you're referring to, so there wouldn't be any issue there. How much money is involved?

SDMXTWO,

ALL you got was a letter demanding money from something that from your post is at best suspect.

Write back (registered mail) and tell them you have no debt and would they please send you full particulars including all contracts /statements etc so as you can check it out.(I will be surprised if they send you full info)

Do NOT give them chapter and verse on how Mr Telecom treated you.

In other words they only want to bully quick funds from you.

Unless they (and they won,t) ACTUALLY chase you in Court you will have NIL adverse Credit Rating.

Back