Debt Collector at door. Does he have to prove I live there & physically serve papers

Re: Debt Collector at door. Does he have to prove I live there & physically serve pap

how can i go to jail according to solicitor this is not possible as i hav'nt broken any laws.

You can go to jail for obstructing the legal process or for refusing to abide by a court order.

The fact that any summons issued may be in your maiden name or your given name isnt a defence - if its obvious that the summons is for you, even if it has mistakes or out of date information on it, then you have to accept it.

I'm guessing that in this case, the bank is aware that they must act before the debt becomes statute barred. Debt collector may be the first stage - they are using this service as proof that they made reasonable efforts to contact you to put in place a repayment plan. Next stage will be going to legal action. If they've managed to go to the trouble of tracing you in spite of change of name and many changes of address, they are obviously persuing this seriously and are certain that they've found you.

Re: Debt Collector at door. Does he have to prove I live there & physically serve pap

They can go for a subservice, judgement, installment order, committal if you make no appearances or attempt to pay. Great advice from your solicitor sometimes I wonder why Solicitors are held with so much higher esteem in this country then say in the States :(

"Great advice from your solicitor sometimes I wonder why Solicitors are held with so much higher esteem in this country then say in the States"

Very often what is reported as being solicitor's advice is words that the poster wishes their solicitor had said and given that the solicitor is not given any opportunity to refute posters statements................

mf

"Great advice from your solicitor sometimes I wonder why Solicitors are held with so much higher esteem in this country then say in the States"

Very often what is reported as being solicitor's advice is words that the poster wishes their solicitor had said and given that the solicitor is not given any opportunity to refute posters statements................

mf

In my line of work I deal with Solicitors every day and to be honest what was quoted would not surprise me. My sister and brother in law are both Sols before you think I have some agenda against Solicitors but there are bad eggs in every profession and Solicitors are definetly no different.

Back