Debt collection letter

alri

I have just received a demand letter from a debt collection agency for a sum of 240Eu,I believe there is no debt as I had paid it off last year on time,I am waiting for the bank to produce the cheque but the original company say they have no record of it.I am concerned that while I am trying to sort this out that it could effect my credit rating.Is this the case?any comments much appreciated,needless to say I am really p***** at the original company.

I would write to the debt collection agency and inform them that the invoice/bill in question has been paid in full and to ckeck their information. (check yours to be sure) tell them that you will produce evidence if necessary. Do not ignore it though this is when it becomes a problem. Inform the company which you made the payments to and tell them about you disappointment with your treatment and for them failing to inform you of any possible outstanding debt. It could be an administration error however im not sure that they would have sent the file to a debt collector if they had not tried to recover said funds from you already

Back