Debit card payment delayed causing overdraft

C

chidibo

I made a purchase with a debit card and got cash back in a shop on the 20th of last month. The money was taken from my account on the 17th of this month resulting in an unauthorized overdraft.

Why would it have taken so long for the transaction to be charged? Normally they take a couple of days.

Would I have a case if I asked the bank not to charge referral fees and surcharge interest?

I made a purchase with a debit card and got cash back in a shop on the 20th of last month. The money was taken from my account on the 17th of this month resulting in an unauthorized overdraft.

Why would it have taken so long for the transaction to be charged? Normally they take a couple of days.
Probably down to the retailer in question and how/when they process such transactions.
Would I have a case if I asked the bank not to charge referral fees and surcharge interest?
I doubt it.

It happened to me where a couple of petrol tranactions by laser were not processed for 6 months. It is down to the shop owner. The shop in question was in hot water with the clearing bank over that incident.

Back