DCC clamper fixed a puncture for my wife but damaged my car. Can I sue?

Bit harsh. I'm sure that the original poster's wife is a very reputable lady... :(

I am sure that you are correct !

BTW negligence is the omission to do what a reasonable person - guided by those considerations that ordinarily regulate the conduct of human affairs - would do or doing something that a reasonable and prudent person would not do.
Blyth -v- Birmingham Waterworks Company 1856.

I have a joke : I wonder can you sue someone for loss of reputation due to changing the title.

Last edited:
Your wife was in charge of the vehicle. She could have chosen to get professional assistance but instead chose to be assisted by a kind but unqualified passer-by (his/her employment status is immaterial). She made the wrong call. The responsibility is hers. Unless you want to sue your wife, claim it on your insurance. It's what it's there fore.

She could have chosen to get professional assistance but instead chose to be assisted by a kind but unqualified passer-by (his/her employment status is immaterial).
Good point. If the helpful fellow was wearing a McDonalds uniform would this discussion be about the possibility of getting a few bob from the Big Mac people?

Back