DBS Diploma in Stockbroking Investment

Polo-Boy

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had done this 14 week evening diploma with the Dublin Business School ? It costs €1145 so I am interested to hear if anyone found it worthwhile.

Thanks.

you could do worse than talk to one of the Irish brokers directly about this and see what they make of this course. before spending all this cash you ought to see if this improves your attractiveness to potential employers.

just reigniting this thread as I am thinking of doing the aforementioned course myself - any feeback on it from anyone?

Thanks a lot

No exp with this diploma but I do have a degree from DBS - I fount the scholl to e excellent!

thanks for that stephen, at least that's reassuring in some way :) it's affiliated with davys so that's probably a plus too.

as i understand it there are limited opportunities available in this industry in Ireland given how small most of the firms actually are. how many places are there on this course versus the number of stockbroking / wealth management positions that arise each year in Dublin?

i deal with Irish brokers on a daily basis and there does not seem to be much turnover in the industry. On the other hand, if you could demonstrate to any of these firms your ability to generate revenue then they would certainly be interested. if you were to start working in one of these firms would you be able to attract any clients? Do you know anyone else in the industry?

Back