Health Insurance Day to day policy p

Luternau

I was on BeFit3 up to 31.12 bud felt I was way over insured for my needs.

Preferably, I am looking for something with a low excess for day to day.

Me: Male, 50 and very fit. No major issue. Bilateral carpal - no problems and recent diagnosis of oesteoporis which will be referred to consultant now.

I have free GP and prescriptions from work, so GP cover is not important.

Conscious that I don’t want to be left serving waiting periods for above pre-existing conditions.

Can you recommend alternatives?

Luternau,

The following Irish Life plan is an equivalent alternative to BeFit , at a lower price, if you want to keep the private room cover in a private
hospital. Details as follows;

1. 4D Health 3; price 1408pa; all public, private(including private room fully covered) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private/hi-tech excess
75 per admission and 75 per day case procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital. Good day to day cover included, 1 euro excess,
50% refund for consultant visit, 40 per physio visit, etc.
[broken link removed]

The following plans would just drop full cover for a private room in a private hospital but everything else would be similar.
Details as follows;

2. 4D Health 2; price 1213pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission and day case
excess 75 per procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital. Good day to day cover included, 1 euro excess, 50% refund for
consultant visits, 30 per physio, dental etc.

3. Better Select; price 1317pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private hospital excess 75 per admission, hi-tech hospital
excess 150 per admission, day case excess 75 per procedure in private or hi-tech hospitals. Good day to day cover included, 1 euro excess,
refund of 75 per consultant visit, 25 per physio visit, etc.

4. Better Ultra; price 1360pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private hospital excess 100 per admission, hi-tech hospital
excess 150 per admission, day case excess 50 per procedure in private or hi-tech hospital. Good day to day cover, 1 euro excess,
refund of 50% per consultant visit, physio, dental etc.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks Snowyb

I was looking to reduce the premium paid by a significant amount. Private in patient is not a concern.

Are there options outside Irish Life? I have not found them great to deal with.

Thanks

Luternau,

The following alternative plans may suit your needs, details as follows;

1. VHI PMI 07 10; Price 1188pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered; private/hi-tech excess capped at 150 x 1 max per year for
all admissions, day case excess 50 per procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital. Good day to day cover included, 50% refund for
consultants,physio etc.

2. Laya Simply Connect; price 1100pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess capped at 150 x 2 max per year
for all admisssions, day case excess 50 per procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital. Good day to day cover included, 50% refund
for consultants, physio, dental etc, - subject to a max refund of 500 per year. (50% of 1000 = 500).

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Thank you Snowyb

I would like to mirror the sentiments expressed in an earlier thread. Your assistance is much appreciated, and your knowledge of an extremely diverse selection of policies is exceptional.

L

Back