Davy, Vanguard fund advice

Bill90.

Hi,

I set up a non standard prsa with Davy and plan to put 3k a year (as my earned income is low and I have investmets outside the pension also).
I am going to buy a vanguard Etf yearly and let it run.

My question is which is the best fund to buy in terms of where its based, currency ect?. I want to buy the s&p500 ideally.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

The S&P 500 is roughly 75% of the value of the US market but only makes up about 10% of the available companies. What’s wrong with the other 90% of the US market?

The USA is roughly 56% of global Stockmarkets by market capitalisation what’s wrong with the other 44% of the planet?

Assuming you just want equity exposure, I would opt for Vanguard’s FTSE All-World UCITS ETF (VWRL).

The S&P 500 is roughly 75% of the value of the US market but only makes up about 10% of the available companies. What’s wrong with the other 90% of the US market?

The USA is roughly 56% of global Stockmarkets by market capitalisation what’s wrong with the other 44% of the planet?
I'm not too sure to be honest, do them 500 companies provide a better return over the other 90%?. Warren Buffet seems pretty happy with it.

The annualised return on the S&P 500 (or at least a research proxy for the index) between 1927 and 2018 was 9.88%pa.

Whereas the annualised return on the Fama French small cap index was 11.96%pa for the same time period.

There is more to this than meets the eye

Assuming you just want equity exposure, I would opt for Vanguard’s FTSE All-World UCITS ETF (VWRL).
This was the other option I was looking at. Thanks for that. I see you can buy GBP or Euro. What's the idea being buying the GBP?

The annualised return on the S&P 500 (or at least a research proxy for the index) between 1927 and 2018 was 9.88%pa.

Whereas the annualised return on the Fama French small cap index was 11.96%pa for the same time period.

There is more to this than meets the eye
Hi Marc.Is the 9.88 per cent per annum and 11.88 return expressed in real terms i e adjusted for inflation or not and if not what would the percentage figures be in real terms between 1927 and 2018 i was wondering. Thanks,

Back