Data Protection Breach

Going forward

Received a letter from The Property Registration Authority for the purpose of registration of a transfer of a number of mortgages (including my mortgage ) to Shoreline Residential Limitrd in 2014 .

Personal information relating to me was included in this deed of transfer. Am I entitled to follow up on this or can anyone offer advice on where to go further with matter. This is a serious breech of data protection.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

How is it a breach?

YOUR loan was transferred and YOU received YOUR details?????

The Property Registration Authority are letting me know my personal details were given out and that there was a breech!!!.

The Property Registration Authority are letting me know my personal details were given out and that there was a breech!!!.

You're not being very clear on the details so it's hard to discern the seriousness of the breach. From your initial post it doesn't appear to be a big deal.

As 24601 says, you are very clear.

Your details were given to you. The lender sold the loan and all the loan details were given to the purchaser. Where is the breach?

you original lender has sold your loan if I understand what you are saying. They were the Data Owners. As part of that they obviously had to hand over personal details to the buyer of the loan. Chance are this is perfectly legal. For example, providing an appropriate agreement is in place between the lender and a debt collector, it is perfectly legal for a lender to hand your details over to a collection agency. In the same way, it is quite possible that providing an appropriate data protection agreement is in place between the original lender and the buyer of the loans, then they have both covered themselves

Back