Danske Tracker

Danske Tracker

Hi - Does anyone know when Danske Bank stopped offering tracker rates?.I took out a mortgage with Danske Bank in 2009 and fixed for 5 years.
When the fixed rate expired in 2014 I received a letter saying I had 3 options fix again/move to variable/move to tracker rate. However when I called the bank I was told the tracker rate was no longer on offer. I switched to the variable rate at this time and then actually switched lender in 2016 as the variable rate was so high at 4.95%. My query is, would I be considered as one of the categories of people impacted by the tracker issue, based on the letter I received or was this just an admin error by the bank in offering the tracker as an option at fixed rate expiry. - Tks a mil

I also received this letter.
Spent 2 stressful weeks trying to get through to someone at Danske only to be told ‘oh, that’s a mistake, you shouldn’t have been sent that letter..’

Go back to your contract . What did it say?

You might have a complaint based on the fact that they offered you a tracker in 2014 but then withdrew it. But if you hadn't a contractual entitlement, then I think that they would be entitled to withdraw it.

Brendan

My contract does state that I was fixed to June 2014 and then standard variable rate for the remainder of the term. So I guess regardless of the error on the bank letter in offering a tracker rate as an option when I came off the fixed rate - I have no grounds to pursue a complaint based on my contract. - Thanks

Back