Danske Bank selling tracker book - good news for tracker holders?

You'd need to post far more details if you want advice on this.
Have you even approached another bank about getting a mortgage yet?

Write down offered currently is roughly 30% discount on overall value of the loan
We would be interested in selling up our house to relocate- but are we wiser to stick on our tracker?
Is this write down offered on all Danske trackers or only the loan book that was bought a few years back?

that's correct RedOnion, part of the loan was warehoused - we went through MARP a few yrs ago.
no we have not approached another bank - we looked for independent advice earlier today, and they said see first if you will get another mortgage.

redonion, im new to the forum and was somewhat nervous about posting details - when you say i need to post far more details - what info would help to include in my query? thanks!

have an LTV tracker that was with Danske, now with Promontoria (pluto). Some years ago, while with DANSKE, we warehoused part of the loan, and are repaying the other part. now we have an offer, verbal, to buy the whole lot at a reduced amount - any advice appreciated. we asked for a figure, they said yes straight away, now not sure we've done the right thing... a

Write down offered currently is roughly 30% discount on overall value of the loan
We would be interested in selling up our house to relocate- but are we wiser to stick on our tracker?

How did you get on ? My situation is I have a performing part of a very low tracker a parked part of the remainder of the mortgage and a non performing unsecured loan. MY thoughts are I will have to offer a decent chunk on the performing loan, a decent discount on the parked and a sizable discount on the unsecured ?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is exactly what I was told by them (using somewhat different words!) when I met with them earlier this year. I was told by Cerberus that their interest was in buying and selling loans, and they did not expect to have any remaining after two years. Mind you, I'm not sure I believe a word they said, as I was told other things too that I subsequenly found were directly contradictory to what others had been told.

In my own case, I have one of the Danske tracker mortgages which was sold to Cerberus last October. It had been in difficulties, but thankfully not any longer. I am in the middle of coming to an agreement with them to pay it off at a discount, refinacing elsewhere. I understand that others have done and are doing the same.

If you believe what they say, I'd be very surprised if they didn't entertain offers for any other ex-Danske loans they purchase.
Can I ask what type of discount did you get to move your mortgage many thanks

Can I ask what type of discount did you get to move your mortgage many thanks
Sorry for the delay - I've only just seen your question.

The discount was around 33%. They accepted the first figure I suggested, which surprised me somewhat. A chunk of this has to be offset against the difference in interest rate, but we're still ahead. To be honest though, I would have accepted a figure that left us no better off financially to be rid of them. The toughest part was getting approval for a new mortgage to pay it off, given the history: we're now with AIB.

Before anyone gets their hopes up, newtothis got her discount over two years ago.

It's possible that they are still doing this, but I have not heard of it recently.

Brendan

Before anyone gets their hopes up, newtothis got her discount over two years ago.

It's possible that they are still doing this, but I have not heard of it recently.

Brendan

I can confirm two things. Firstly, you are correct about the timeframe - I should have mentioned this. Secondly, newtothis is a "him" not a "her", though that's not that relevant (the mortgage was actually for a "him and her").

Back