Danske Bank selling tracker book - good news for tracker holders?

You'd need to post far more details if you want advice on this.
Have you even approached another bank about getting a mortgage yet?

Write down offered currently is roughly 30% discount on overall value of the loan
We would be interested in selling up our house to relocate- but are we wiser to stick on our tracker?
Is this write down offered on all Danske trackers or only the loan book that was bought a few years back?

that's correct RedOnion, part of the loan was warehoused - we went through MARP a few yrs ago.
no we have not approached another bank - we looked for independent advice earlier today, and they said see first if you will get another mortgage.

redonion, im new to the forum and was somewhat nervous about posting details - when you say i need to post far more details - what info would help to include in my query? thanks!

How did you get on ? My situation is I have a performing part of a very low tracker a parked part of the remainder of the mortgage and a non performing unsecured loan. MY thoughts are I will have to offer a decent chunk on the performing loan, a decent discount on the parked and a sizable discount on the unsecured ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask what type of discount did you get to move your mortgage many thanks

Can I ask what type of discount did you get to move your mortgage many thanks
Sorry for the delay - I've only just seen your question.

The discount was around 33%. They accepted the first figure I suggested, which surprised me somewhat. A chunk of this has to be offset against the difference in interest rate, but we're still ahead. To be honest though, I would have accepted a figure that left us no better off financially to be rid of them. The toughest part was getting approval for a new mortgage to pay it off, given the history: we're now with AIB.

Before anyone gets their hopes up, newtothis got her discount over two years ago.

It's possible that they are still doing this, but I have not heard of it recently.

Brendan

Before anyone gets their hopes up, newtothis got her discount over two years ago.

It's possible that they are still doing this, but I have not heard of it recently.

Brendan

I can confirm two things. Firstly, you are correct about the timeframe - I should have mentioned this. Secondly, newtothis is a "him" not a "her", though that's not that relevant (the mortgage was actually for a "him and her").