Danske Bank Closure

I've heard nothing from Danske but I suspect that's because I have a mortgage with them and they have yet to work out what to do with such customers. Not much of a story in the Indo, effectively Danske are to close accounts that they flagged that they were going to close.

Got the letters yesterday. Two current accounts and two savings accounts, closure date 25th April, 2014.

I have my current account and mortgage with Danske Bank. I just rang them and they said that they will write to me giving two months notice before my account is closed.
The accounts that will be closed on Monday (as reported on the news this morning) are only those that received notice in writing already.

Danske Bank 'news'

Thanks folks for this. At least I'm getting information from someone! Mine would be one of the less simple ones also, as I have the mortgage with them also.

I've started the process to move what I can now in any case, so I might as well keep going :).

These newspaper articles aren't helping.

I'm being told by colleagues to take action today, must move my funds, etc.

When the reality is that it's only a/c that have been notified in advance that are closing??

Nothing on www.danskebank.ie clarifies these media reports.

This will lead to confusion.

I had 5 accounts. I have not received any specific letter with specific dates. I have closed two accounts myself.

Mostly the confusion was caused by Newstalk quoting the Independent.
Reading the article in the Inedpendent starting at the end, it turns out that the accounts being closed today are those who had only one account.

Me and others who had two accounts (current and deposit) have been given a date of 21st of Feb.

People with more complicated arrangements have been given other dates and some haven't yet received a letter.

The only thing I got from them in the last month was a letter confirming my TRS and also a summary of my custody account (which consists of a few thousand Anglo/IBRC shares worth approximately zilch).

Credit Card repay over two years

I just got word from Danske that they want my Credit Card Balance Paid on the termination date, however if I am in financial difficulties they will take it over 24 months. I would find it very difficult to repay over 24 months. If Danske Bank customers around the world gave them 3 months notice and withdrew their funds there wouldn't be much left of Danske Bank

Farcat..what did the say theyd do if you dont pay it off within 24 months? If they offer me that il have to reject..were done to 1 wage in house and owe a fair bit on card..on my calculations inclu interest itl take me 5 years to pay off and even that be tight !

They would send in the Debt collectors. I also resent the implication of financial difficulties. We are just about holding things together we have had about 30% Pay cuts. I would be happy enough to cough up over 48 months I always pay what I owe but this is really ruthless, The paperwork from them is curt enough as well. You would expect them to at least thank their customers for their business before demanding and threatening

Hi, I'm in the fortunate position of being able to keep a €3000 buffer in the Current Account. With Danske for the last 25 years and happy with them, very good online service.
I have to go though, so would appreciate recommendations for my situation, cheapest as regards fees, and this would include sterling cash withdrawals.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm in the fortunate position of being able to keep a €3000 buffer in the Current Account. With Danske for the last 25 years and happy with them, very good online service.
I have to go though, so would appreciate recommendations for my situation, cheapest as regards fees, and this would include sterling cash withdrawals.

Thanks.

This website compares the options.
http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-current-accounts/

The one problem with PTSB is that estatements are the only option they have available on the c/a.

Thanks.

PTSB charge no fees if you deposit at least 1,500 EUR per month.

All banks have similar fee structures for non-EUR cash withdrawals.

The one problem with PTSB is that estatements are the only option they have available on the c/a.

Which may cause problems if you are trying to switch again. I'm going through the AIB credit card application process at the moment, and they say they will NOT accept Internet printouts. They insist on getting copies of original bank statements.

They declined a payment to eflow twice.

Checked and apparently eflow are not SEPA compliant and Danske aren't processing the payment.

I still have not got the letter.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem with their Danske account in recent weeks? Also does anyone have advice how to go about resolving this issue.

My husband and I were due to get our state pensions paid into our Danske account on 31st January, however the payment did not appear (never a problem before). We were in the process of setting up a new PTSB account but this was not active at the time.
The Dept. of Social Welfare claim they made the payment to the Danske account, however Danske claim they did not receive the money! This still has not been resolved now more than 2 weeks later. We are currently writing to both to get these statements in writing from them as up to now all our contact has been by phone.
Our Danske account is not due to close until the end of April as per their letter so the account is still active. While subsequent payments have been paid to the PTSB acount, the missing payment did not go there, nor was that account active on the 31st January and Dept Social Welfare have confirmed they paid into the Dankse account.

Any advice on how to get this resolved quickly would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Juno.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem with their Danske account in recent weeks? Also does anyone have advice how to go about resolving this issue.

My husband and I were due to get our state pensions paid into our Danske account on 31st January, however the payment did not appear (never a problem before). We were in the process of setting up a new PTSB account but this was not active at the time.
The Dept. of Social Welfare claim they made the payment to the Danske account, however Danske claim they did not receive the money! This still has not been resolved now more than 2 weeks later. We are currently writing to both to get these statements in writing from them as up to now all our contact has been by phone.
Our Danske account is not due to close until the end of April as per their letter so the account is still active. While subsequent payments have been paid to the PTSB acount, the missing payment did not go there, nor was that account active on the 31st January and Dept Social Welfare have confirmed they paid into the Dankse account.

Any advice on how to get this resolved quickly would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Juno.

It would have gone to an account, get that account from DSW in writing. sometimes it can sit in a pending status for some reason, Ive had similar with nib, but for no more then 2-3 days. After a couple of weeks, Id be screaming at them.

The mortgage account holders are going to get a letter in the next 7 days.

Back