Danske appoint receiver on performing mortgage cos a joint borrower in default on unconnected loan

Are they going to cover your legal fees as well? They have a lot to lose here - think of the publicity if this gets back to court as they recently won the tender for the governments retail banking.

That said, and putting aside the heartache and misery bestowed upon you and your partner, there comes a time when you have to call it quits - if they cover legal fees, make a cash settlement and you and your partner walk away, jump at it (put your principles to one side and just take a long holiday and forget about these so called “bankers”.). If they hadn’t appointed a receiver and you still controlled the property and the rent, what would the loan balance be now?

We were awarded costs at our summary hearing so we have some costs but not a game changer.

We have been told by plenty of people to take what we can and get the hell out of this mess and move on.

We have lived with this for the last 4 and half years and we are not going out without getting a result .

We are very much aware when this goes to court we might lose but at this stage we want our day in court.

I would hold out for more money and run. Think of your health - that’s your wealth! Court cases are horrific experiences as I’m sure you are aware. If you can out financially better off (which the offer as it stands would definitely make you) without having to go through the courts then grab it.

If they're offering you compensation, it's probably because they think they will lose if this goes to court. Suggest they factor the court costs into their offer.

Hi we have moved on to the investigation process with FSPO regarding our claim.

Danske overcharged us €15,000 over 2 years between 2009 and 2011 and when they discovered their mistake they miscalculated the amount which was paid in advance of contract.This meant we were paid in advance by thousands up to 2014

Danske got the drawdown date wrong which meant we were put on interest and capital 3 months ahead of contract.

I would suggest anyone with a tracker mortgage which has 36 month interest only followed by 204 months interest and capital check their drawdown date as Danske got it wrong with us.In 2011 they were very keen to get their capital back.

We got a company called Bankcheck to go through our accounts and they found numerous mistakes by Danske .Bankcheck were excelent in our dealings with the FSPO .They put together reports and highlighted mistakes by Danske which we forwarded to FSPO .
Greg from Bankcheck done all the work ,he was very easy to talk to and explained everything.I strongly recomend anyone with doubts about any bank issues to contact Greg.

Regards

Hi has anyone with a Danske Bank tracker redress claim heard anything from the bank.

We have heard nothing and when I google Danske all I get is Moneylaundering .

Apologies for repeating myself but I am really annoyed about always reading about what the CB intends to do about the main banks regarding the tracker fraud.

What about Danske and the other banks that have left the country after making a steaming mess.

We would like to be mentioned every now and then,If for nothing else but to give us some small glimmer of hope of justice.

Regards

Fully agree. The fight continues.....I’m just hoping the CBI has the same level of conviction as some of us consumers they are supposed to protect

Hi has anyone with a Danske Bank tracker redress claim heard anything from the bank.

We have heard nothing and when I google Danske all I get is Moneylaundering .

Hi sorry for banging the same old drum in 2019 but has anyone heard back from Danske or the other unmentionables about finishing the Tracker Redress Story

Regards

I heard back from them before Christmas but mine is a different case - trying to get my tracker back. They said the CBI had completed its supervision of the Danske TM Examination so not getting tracker back. With FPSO now. Any progress with you?

I heard back from them before Christmas but mine is a different case - trying to get my tracker back. They said the CBI had completed its supervision of the Danske TM Examination so not getting tracker back. With FPSO now. Any progress with you?

Hi Duggie I havent heard a word directly from Danske
We are in an ongoing high court case as described in our posts.We are at the discovery stage of that and hope to have case heard before the end of 2019
We have a seperate complaint in with the FSPO since april 2018 about an overchargeing and breach of contract but the FSPO have not agreed to adjudicate and investigate yet.
So we were hoping Danske would have been forced to acknowledge and deal with us because of the ongoing tracker inquiry by the CB.
Unfortunatly its not looking like that will happen .

Regards

Hi Seagull
I read the article on the Ombudsmans decisions and all relevant cases.

Coincidentally I got a call from the Ombudsmans office yesterday and he informed me they would not start their investigation on the overcharging complaint until after the high court case is heard and finished.
He explained that he had read our current file and a previous file which documented all our complaints and our dealings with Danske over the past 5 years.
He was positive about our case
So we will go to the High Court and hopefully win and then we will go back to the Ombudsman and restart that investigation
Regards

Surely someone in danske should be reading articles like that, and thinking it will cost them a lot less to make you an offer than to incur court costs and penalties.

We have just received a letter from FSPO to say they would not investigate our overchargeing claim,they say it is part of our high court case.We are very dissapointed.
We spent so much time money and energy trying to put forward our case and now because of a technical reason they wont even look at it.
Its hard to win a trick.
One thing this latest dissapointment has done it has made us more determined to see this high court case to the bitter end.
Regards

Hi can I highlight the Irish Times article on Saturday 25 April about "Bank of Ireland offers compensation after arrears error"
400 Mortgage borrowers impacted
error may cost BOI €10 million
70 borrowers had receivers appointed
50 property's sold by receivers
10 cases went to court
some sold the property to pay off bank
Bank will pay comp for costs and errors

400 cases with real people involved

I have not seen any follow up on this article on any newspaper
Brendan Burgess and Askaboutmoney are mentioned in this but i cant find it on this site
Regards

This article is here

It shows how farcical the Irish system is. The Bank made a technical error. These borrowers were in deep arrears and they ended up being compensated because BoI missed a step in not sending out a letter calling in the loan.

As you are a Danske customer, I don't think it has any relevance to you. Except that it highlights how hard it is for lenders to pursue defaulters.

It's why the 95% of compliant customers are paying the highest mortgage rates in the eurozone.

Brendan

Thanks Brendan

The reason I highlighted this article in relation to our case was to show how quickly banks pull the trigger on receivership's.

The Banks we deal with are in business for generations with huge resources and legal experience, they are the professionals.

Banks have plenty of practice with calling in loans so to say it was a "technical error" is rubbish, we don't believe them.

How many bank officials and legals have to sign off on appointing a receiver or forced property sale before it is completed.
Yet this happened on 400 occasions in error and no one spotted it.

I believe it is pure greed by the banks.

They just cant wait to get their hands on the cash and move on to much easier victims.
I acknowledge some people play the system and mess the banks around but this does not give them the right to treat us all as shysters.
If 5% of the 400 were redeemable they should have had the opportunity to due process.
Regards

You can be quite sure that this was a technical error and not a deliberate error.

Why on earth would they try to get away with something.

A borrower can get away without paying anything for years.

If a bank has not crossed every t and dotted every i, then they will not be able to proceed.

I am fully behind borrowers getting due process. But I have seen far more chancers among the customers than among the banks. That might not be a moral issue. The customers can get away with it. The banks can't.

Brendan

Hi Brendan we had our day in court
our property was returned to us
we were paid compo
we were paid our legal costs
we got our lost rental credited to our mortgage which was changed to capital only for the remainder of the term
our credit rating is now clear
seven years later not bitter but better educated
:)

Back