Daft.ie questions

LouisCribben

Do all estate agents use DAFT.ie for secondhand houses ?
Is Daft the website with the most secondhand houses ? Are there any other sites ?

Do daft charge estate agents to put houses on their website ? How much ?

My house has been on the market for 2 months.
When it was initially up for sale, it was on Daft.
Yesterday, I noticed it had been removed...

I wasn't happy obviously.......potential buyers who use daft wouldn't have seen it.....and I need to sell !

I need to contact my estate agent, was the estate agent a bit slack to allow the ad to be removed from DAFT ?

Is Daft the website with the most secondhand houses ? Are there any other sites ?

Do daft charge estate agents to put houses on their website ? How much ?

Your estate agent may have asked you to pay advertising costs for things like brouchers, sign in the garden and online advertising with the likes of daft and myhome. These sites do charge but i'm not sure how much. Also i have seen houses listed by agents that are on both at the same time and houses listed by the same agent only listed on one.

As already stated, best to give your EA a call and have a word. but if you paid advertising costs i'd tell them to get it on all the sites they deal with.

When i was putting my house on market all the EA's checked with said they listed with 3-5 sites online as stanard.

My house has been on the market for 2 months.
When it was initially up for sale, it was on Daft, I checked it.
I didnt check it again until yeterday.........it wasn't on, it had been removed...

When you advertise with daft you can keep the ad on the site until sold.

If you can sell the house yourself it can be less hassle and save a fee some buyers prefer to deal direct with sellers

I have tested this option successfully.

I would have thought myhome would be more widely used site for buyers. I am looking to buy a second hand house at the moment and use myhome mainly. I would still expect an EA to post it on daft too though.

I would have thought myhome would be more widely used site for buyers. I am looking to buy a second hand house at the moment and use myhome mainly. I would still expect an EA to post it on daft too though.

I use both and also the ea's individual sites as some of them dont advertise on daft or myhome

Similar position, but using DAFT as it facilitates Property Bee

plus I have seen several instances where guide prices are higher on MyHome

Found out yesterday that my property is on Myhome, which is good enough for me

Until today, I thought Daft.ie was the main website people use when looking to buy a property. It seems Myhome is the big one.

apart from myhome, and perhaps daft.ie. what other websites do people use when searching for a property to buy ?

The agents individual websites, if they are good and user-friendly. The reason I like myhome so much is for the "search by map" facility and also the mobile phone version of the website - so if I pass by a nice house I can look it up very easily.

Until today, I thought Daft.ie was the main website people use when looking to buy a property. It seems Myhome is the big one.
I don't think it's that simple. Daft seems to be the largest sales and rental site and they advertise that fact. But Myhome has much better coverage in Dublin and at the expensive end of the market. If your agent is any good they should be aware of this and be able to advise you.

The reason I like myhome so much is for the "search by map" facility and also the mobile phone version of the website - so if I pass by a nice house I can look it up very easily.
You should try out the Daft mobile phone app. Far better than Myhome's one.

Back