D18 Investment Property

Cantona7

perfect example of how the market is going mad on the southside..

apt on market for 390 first week Jan.. offers now being made at 415k..exact same type apt sold in dec05 for 380..

next up is a 27 story development planned for leopardstown.. prices being decided based on interest in the development! true story..

luas and m50 effect.

I purchased up here over a year ago, because the prices were by far the cheapest in south dublin (and cos I know and like the area well). 3 bed semi was 400, any other area they were already over 500.

Within a space of a few months, luas and m50 opened, prices started to explode, that was if a house even came on the market. Luas extension is already having the effect of pushing them further, even though its only a thought at this stage.

Fact is, this area was cheaper because it was so inaccessible to everywhere, even though its not that far from the city (relatively anyway). But now, in just over a year, it has become one of the most accessable areas of Dublin, coupled with the amount of jobs, employment, wealth alongside schools, shops and a host of other facilities up there, its all good, and actually the price rises make perfect sense, as people only begin to realise the benefits at this late stage.

Its all about location location location, and i'm very happy with my paper gain in only one year.

PS I still think the prices of the new apartments are expensive, esp the ones being touted for that tower. Seriously, you can get houses for the same price.

I would neither be happy or unhappy with a paper gain. A paper gain is just that - on paper. It only becomes a gain if you either sell the house or re-finance it. There were a few paper billionaires knocking around Ireland a few years ago due to their dotcom companies - none exist today. I would only talk about gains when i have them in the bank.

Back