Customised Internal doors

Muzzy

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I am living in the Dublin 12 area in a house about 70 years old. I am looking to replace the current internal doors with ones that are a mixture of glass and wood. The problem is that the doors would not appear to be the size of the modern doors. I have looked in B&Q and such like, even the largest sized doors are too small. Therefore, I imagine that I will need to get doors customised. Would anyone have a suggestion as to where is best to go to get good doors and still not be ripped off price wise?

Thanks a million for your help,

Regards,

Muzzy.

Hi Muzzy,

Welcome to AAM.

Have you had a read thru the key post on Internal Doors?

I had heard good reports and I think I saw a recommendation on AAM once upon a time for a door store in Crumlin. I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be at the back of the Texaco garage near the AIB bank.

Hi Muzzy, it might be easier, and a lot cheaper to modify or replace the door frames to suit the standard door sizes. Not that big a job and will give you a wider range of doors to choose from.

Doing something similar myself in D12, all the doors are different sizes, so I just ripped out the old frames and replaced them.

Muzzy, why not call Joseph McNally Joinery of Walshestown, Lusk. It's just off the M1 between Blakes Cross and Balbriggan. They make doors to suit all styles and sizes and the workmanship is excellent. They may cost more but are definitely worth it.

Hi Guys,

Thanks a million for your help and suggestions on this. If i choose to go down the route of resizing the door frames, anyone know of a good carpenter?

cheers,

Muzzy.

Back