Currys support service

SISSOKO

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with currys regarding their repair service.

American fridge freezer went down last thursday , it's under guarantee so got on to currys logged the call no problem but havent heard anything since, rang again yesterday to be told that someone would contact me but couldnt give me a timescale.

Just wondering is this going to be a drawn out pain in the ass?

Thanks,

you can contact Samsung directly they have a good site which seems to allow you to book the service call directly

what is wrong with it. Had a samsung american fridge and the fridge compartment stopped working.
Turns out a fan in the compartment had frozen over and needed to be thawed out.

son opened freezer last thursday says he saw a flash , not sure if electrical or just the bulb blowing.it tripped the fuse , since then not a peep out of it.
Socket on wall is fine , changed fuse in plug no joy.
Spoke to the samsung uk guys last thursday and the call is logged with their irish
reps since friday morning but still no contact from anyone.

According to their site if you have problems phone 0818 717100 You should let them know you are waiting for nearly 1 week for service and you will hold them responsible for any food you have lost from the freezer.Its not acceptable that you have to talk to "samsung uk" to get service in Ireland the service contact should be in Ireland We are not a surburb of the UK

As it's still under 1 year warranty surely it's Curry's responsibility to organise repairs? Go in and complain to the Manager if you can, or at very least phone and speak to the manager.

Don't let them fob you off, it's still their responsibility under manufacturer warranty.

Don't let them fob you off, it's still their responsibility under manufacturer warranty.

More importantly, it's the retailer's responsibility under the sale and supply of goods act. Check out your rights and advice on how to proceed on ConsumerConnect.
Leo

Thanks for replies guys , understand that its currys responsibility to sort it out and
initially the response was very good.Spoke to currys first they said no problem put me on to their tech guys who logged the details then they transfered me to samsung
who said no problem and logged the details then ...................................nothing.
Spoke to them again this morning and they were surprised no one had rang me and would get on to repair guys straight away...........................................still waiting.....

Just to draw a line under this one , went in to currys got bull thick , they made aphone call and i had a service engineer calling me within the hour.
That was 12.30 , its now 3.00 and fridge is fixed , the breakdown in communication
was between samsung uk and irish service people and in fairness to them once they
got the call they were very prompt.

Back