Curry paste

Marco 1972

Any recommendations where you can get good curry paste, not the supermarket brand or other branded jars that just taste solely of cloves ....

nearly at the point of concluding the only decent curry is one from a takeaway,, still willing to give it a final go....

thanks....

Hi Marco,

Would you consider making your own? The ingredients list seems long but they last so you can make it again & again or make a batch and keep in jars in the the fridge.

Firefly.

Any recommendations where you can get good curry paste, not the supermarket brand or other branded jars that just taste solely of cloves ....

nearly at the point of concluding the only decent curry is one from a takeaway,, still willing to give it a final go....

thanks....
If you can get W&D Foods Chinese curry paste, it's fantastic. It's the nearest thing to curry sauce as served in a good Chinese restaurant. We're huge curry fans, Indian, Bangladeshi and Nepalese in particular, Chinese only occasionally but this stuff is amazing. It's made by a Bangor company and might be more difficult to get outside of the Border counties.

Hi Marco,

Would you consider making your own? The ingredients list seems long but they last so you can make it again & again or make a batch and keep in jars in the the fridge.

Firefly.
I like to add Fenugreek Seed when I want a Chipper type curry sauce. I don't add Paprika or cinnamon. I do add black pepper corns as they give good background head. I blitz the spices in a coffee grinder after I roast them on the dry pan. They can be kept dry for weeks in a small sealed container. Then you can either use it as a spice base or make up a paste by adding them to the fresh ingredients.

Back