current account never used

fogfurn

hi all, just got a letter from bank of ireland, ive been with this bank for over 15 years and in that time i have had two current accounts, one of which i use and have been for a long time, the other i have forgotten about until every year i would get a statement which showed 4cent.

as you are aware im charged fees on my account but never on the one that i dont use , well until now they have charged me 15 euro and of course my account shows as -15,

my question is , is this right, i mean i have no problem paying and closing the account, but i have been paying charges on the other account for along time and its only now that they have decided to charge me on the other.

will i just pay and close or is there any point in complaining.

Pay and close. Each individual account racks up charges. I'm all for fighting-the-good-fight but life is too short sometimes.

Pay and close. Each individual account racks up charges. I'm all for fighting-the-good-fight but life is too short sometimes.
i know yes i will, i just cant understand why they waited this long is all, greed i suppose

I don't know, I think I'd whinge a little bit, they can easily refund that charge especially when the account was not in use but if you don't ask you won't get! Close it now anyway one way or the other but I'd be expecting a refund :)

I don't know, I think I'd whinge a little bit, they can easily refund that charge especially when the account was not in use but if you don't ask you won't get! Close it now anyway one way or the other but I'd be expecting a refund :)
ya cheers your right

will i just pay and close or is there any point in complaining.

I'd ask them will they close the account and waive the fee. If they say they can't/won't I'd empty the second account and close both. In my experience box ticking bankers are arrogant and smug and don't have the foresight to see to the end of their noses. Can't see them litigating for €15!

Back