Current Account Bank Charges

Based on the reports of other people here and my experience a few mins ago, I dont think its possible to open this "Switch" account!

I was turned down as well, no explanation, despite having no loans/mortgages and 50K+ salary. PTSB worker said most applicants are turned down and that it seems to be only people who "had a previous relationship with TSB that qualify".

I had an account with them before I switched to Halifax originally but still no switch a/c for me.

They also didn't send me any info on the scoring system which they said they would. The staff seem to make it up as they go along.

I seen a very small poster in BoI recently which I think said account holders have 2 options for fees. 1. get charged per transaction etc, or , 2. a fixed fee of 11.50 (or something like that) per quarter .

Anyone know the full truth or otherwise of this, as I am usually charged around €40 for bank charges.

Yeah there are two options: See here

I use Pay As You Go option and get free banking as use online banking to make 3 transactions per quarter.

I opened a switch a/c with PTSB a few months back when Halifax first announced they were closing. I had no relationship whatsoever with PTSB and they opened it no problem.

I guess they really wanted people to switch back then, maybe now they have enough people?

I'm having the same experience with TSB at the moment.

I was told when I opened the account (and later when I asked in the branch) that I was getting 2% interest on my current account. I found out when I rang them today that no interest applies to this account.

This plus the €12 quarterly fee means that this is one of the most expensive current accounts out there (I think).

V ****ed off - wish banks opened at the weekend...

I cancelled it and declined the account on the spot. Open a different one e.g. Ulster Bank. €48 a year for a current account is not an option

I want to complain to TSB first because they specifically said that there would be interest and now have reneged (in my opinion). If they don't sort it out, I will be looking into reporting the bank.

Also, is there any easy interest calculator type dealio online where i could work out what the interest would be?

Back