Curitiba - Brazil.

G

Grizzly

I came across a very interesting article in www.escapeartist.com about this city in Brazil. It looks really fabulous. Has anyone been there or heard about it?

Griz

I've connected at the airport there but I guess that doesn't count really!

I believe it's supposed to be a very good example of how to manage a fast expanding city in a developing country ... Supposed to be a very good example of modern urban planning with a great transport system etc. They've I think been successful in attracting a lot of investment to the city because of it ... Renault has a big factory there I think.

Unlike the other modern attempts at cities in Brasil - e.g. Brasilia the capital .. apparently Curitiba actually works.

Easy place to get to ... (very) short flight from Sao Paulo .... a good number of flights/buses to/from Iguacu Falls go via there.
As I say I didn't spend any time there ... but there were I think supposed to be a good number of things to do there and it was supposed to be a "nice" city.

A few lessons for Dublin Bus here - [broken link removed]

I really cannot recomend Curitiba, I was there in October last year, it is nothing special, you can use it as a stopping off point to visit the spectacular area of Paranaqua on the coast which is a beautiful train journey through the forest. We did this but I have to say Curitiba was a total dissapointment.

Better opt for the amazing falls of Iguacu on the border with Argentina and Paraquay, You will be amazed.

Back