CT - DSW - VOTE (what does this mean)?

thank you for the advise etc. I still havent picked up thephone to SW. will do so this afternoon, have been so busy. I honetly dont think there going to be able to help. From my understanding VOTE seems to be common enough on SW payments directly to bank. Pity...

What is the problem? Somebody is getting SW credit transfers and doesn't know why or under what scheme? If that's the case then it sounds very odd to me...

Do they think that the payment may be completely mistakenly lodged to their account or something? Why doesn't the person in question get onto SW about this if you have been to busy?

From memory of working in DSW a number of years ago

Payments from Social Welfare either come from the Fund or the VOTE. The fund is the social insurance fund, that we all pay our PRSI into out of each pay packet. It pays for the contributory schemes (unemployment benefit, old age contributory pension). The vote pays for the non contributory schemes, and is funded directly from the government.

This was my understanding about ten years ago.

Do they think that the payment may be completely mistakenly lodged to their account or something? Why doesn't the person in question get onto SW about this if you have been to busy?

No its not a mistake. As i said in an earlier post, im helping some out with this.. (still havent contacted SW will so shortly & post)

SS

Hi,

Can you explain this a bit better to me please? not very sure...
Presumably it's a special payment from the Government to cover (usually means tested) SW allowance schemes unlike (non means tested, PRSI linked) benefit schemes that are funded directly from PRSI subscription income?

Since most or all allowances are means tested might it not seem a bit odd that somebody on over €40K p.a. would be receiving such a payment?

Yes, but I have a feeling that VOTE refers to more than means tested payments ... for instance, it may cover Civil Service ex-gratia payments, such as travel, allowances.

You mean if the individual worked for SW now or in the past or something? Why else would SW be paying the sort of things/expenses that you mention above?

Presumably it's a special payment from the Government to cover (usually means tested) SW allowance schemes unlike (non means tested, PRSI linked) benefit schemes that are funded directly from PRSI subscription income?

That is effectively my understanding. Fund - benefit derived usually from PRSI contributions. Vote - means tested payments. This doesn't cover all schemes but is a good indication of what the payment might relate to

Past30

This explians the term, I think: Quote from DOF site:

"The Estimates for Public Services (Abridged Version) and Summary Public Capital Programme is presented to Dáil Eireann and published about 2 weeks in advance of the annual Budget. It contains detail of the Government's spending proposals for the following year. Expenditure by Departments and Offices is allocated across nearly 40 "votes". This is the term used to describe a coherent area of Government expenditure which is the responsibility of a single Government Department or Office. As each Government Minister oversees an area of expenditure the summary tables also show spending according to the 15 Ministerial Vote groups (e.g. expenditure in the Justice, Equality and Law Reform area is shown in 5 different votes)."

when my maternity benefit was lodged to my account it came for that account - its probably an umbrella narrative for various paymetns.

I recently applied for Family Income Supplement and recevied my letter of acknowledgment only this week on the 18th May. However I have received a payment today directly into my a/c under "DSW-VOTE". I doubt very much that this was my FIS application gone through already, as I was under the understanding there is a large backlog of applications at the moment. I haven't appied for anything other than FIS so I presume my best bet is to ring SW and get this checked but just thought I'd post here first and see has this happened to anyone else applying for FIS?

Back