CSI exhibition

Onway - if you go to the CSI exhibition, can you let us know if it is worth visiting?
I would be interested to know what you think of it.

Not actually going myself but will be happy to pass on the thoughts of those who do...............

Ive been, and its €18 and lasts less than 40 minutes. 10 minutes looking at one of 4 crime scenes and then you can workout the solution as quick or slow as you want from there. Its great for kids and young teenagers. though, especially if they have any interest in science or careers in a CSI field. I think all schools should be made go.
And the printer wasn't working when I was there to get my certificate :(

And the printer wasn't working when I was there to get my certificate :(

It's a bit like Tesco customer service that I had to contact recently with no response. "Oh! The person who deals with emails is on holidays"

Does anything work in this country!

Haven't been myself -hoping to go, if funds allow.

From what I understand though, its running 'til xmas and its €18 to do it, but thats to pick from one of three 'scenes'- you can do all three for €50 either - if I heard it was very good I'd try and stretch to that.

Would be interested in hearing other thoughts!

Haven't been myself but heard that it was pretty simple...at the end your put your info into the computer and it works it all out so not that challenging for adults

my son was there last SAT week with the ST Johns Ambulance he's12, it was €14 for him and they did the 2'nd ehibit . he was'nt impressed, so i suppose its horses for courses.

I went to see this 2 weeks ago - I bought it for my mam as a birthday gift. It was €18 and €3 booking fee so €42 for us both.

It was okay - a bit Irish to be honest.

You go in in a group of up to 15 people - we were lucky it was only the two of us. Your met by a man in a white coat - he gives you a clip board, with case notes and a pencil, and brings you to the briefing room - here you watch a 10 minute video telling you the history of CSI and Gil Grissom greets you as a new agent.

Next your brought to the crime scene (I love how they have Irish Garda Confidential tape up) - the scene I went to was very tacky - a car crashed through a wall of a sitting room - a dummy in the car. The case note had a drawing of the scene - we weren't really told what to do - so we start taking notes.

Being fans we wanted to leave nothing out - so we wrote everything down - car reg, position of blood splatter, names of books in the press, time on the wall clock, clothes the body was wearing ect - to be honest there was NO need for this (you get most of the info later in the labs).

Finally we caught the man in the lab coat passing, he said we could move to the next lab when we were ready but could not return. As we left I took a sneaky look at the other two crime scenes - these were equally as tacky as ours.

The lab was okay – well done. You went to 2 or 3 different stations depending on your scene – to be honest they were more or less spot the difference – for example – there was a shoe print taken at the scene – which shoe print does it match, there was a fiber found at the scene – which fiber does it match . The blood splatter and the autopsy bit were good – they used lasers on a dummy to simulate the autopsy.

Finally you each go to a computer – it asks you to submit your findings- when you get them rate it plays a 30 second clip of what happened – then you get a CSI diploma – its €5 to get printed or you can get it sent to your email address for free.

All in all it was a bit of craic – something different but I wouldn’t be rushing back. It only lasted about 45 minutes.

Very expensive for what it is. I thought there would be at least some sort of challenge to it but there wasn't.

Back