Crumlin or Drimnagh

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivLand

Which area is deemed to be a better area, Crumlin or Drimnagh ? or is this to much of a vague question as there are good and bad areas ?

Re: Crumli or Drimnagh

Know them both well and would consider them to be on a par.

As with most areas though there are good and bad spots.

You will probably find many previous threads on both.

Re: Crumli or Drimnagh

I lived in Drimnagh for years and liked it for the most part. Both Crumlin and Drimnagh lack a little in terms of character but I'd prefer a location very close to the Luas in Drimnagh or very close to the canal in Crumlin. Both are great for getting into the city, but as the previous poster suggested, there are good and bad spots in each area and you'll need to be careful which road you choose to live on.

Crumlin has some slightly nicer parts than Drimnagh, but as the others say it depends on the road.

I think Derry road is okay. I dont know Drimnagh very well but in general for Crumlin I would say stick to the extremities of Crumlin ie. Stannaway or Sundrive/Downpatrick end. There are probably very nice areas in the middle of crumlin and I am just generalising so dont wish to offend people. Best thing is to spend alot of time driving up and down the road at different times of day. Ask the guards as well. Guards in Sundrive station are very helpful.

I just asked a friend of a friend who works in Sundrive Garda Station and they said that they are constantly doing drug raids down Derry Ave, which isn't good news.

I just asked a friend of a friend who works in Sundrive Garda Station and they said that they are constantly doing drug raids down Derry Ave, which isn't good news.

Oh thats not good really is it! I live in Crumlin and have never seen guards on our road since we moved in 2years ago. Total hit and miss.

Hi I bought in Drimnagh earlier this year and love it, very quiet and convenient to city centre, M50 etc. Neighbourhood very settled. Was living city centre and wouldnt go back.

LivLand, we're living on Mourne Road in Drimnagh and I really like it. It's not the best place to live in the world, but certainly not the worst and it's really handy for town. The bus is regular, the LUAS is only 5-10 mins walk away tops, the mortgage is manageable.

There's a couple of houses on the road for sale through Mason that have been on the market for ages - you'd probably get a decent deal at this stage. On the other hand, I saw a Sold sign go up on a house on Belbulbin Road which wasn't on for too long if memory serves me right.

M

I saw a Sold sign go up on a house on Belbulbin Road which wasn't on for too long if memory serves me right.

Houses around us are selling quickly as well but that doesnt really mean alot I dont think. Perhaps the sellers are accepting much lower offers? Still reassuring to see Sold signs though!

On a note about price, the place we were looking at started at 360, dropped to 330 and the EA said he thought he could get a the price down by a substantial margain, he was hinting at sub 300k.

The price is right, I just don't think the area is.

Personally I would look more around Drimnagh. I've lived there all my life and I'm buying my own house there in the new year. Did you ask the guards about Drimnagh?

On a note about price, the place we were looking at started at 360, dropped to 330 and the EA said he thought he could get a the price down by a substantial margain, he was hinting at sub 300k.

Gosh, good for you and all but i wouldn't like to be selling my house with that EA!

About the EA, I believe he was leaving and was looking to make some quick sales before he left.

In Drimnagh the Guard gave me these areas : Cumeragh, Mourne (the side of the childrens hospital) and errigal (These spellings could be way out) as good areas, Interestingly enough the Gaurd said that Drimnagh is worse than Crumlin from his point of view. He works in the drugs unit, so I guess his view would be from the side of serious drug dealing and high end criminals.

Mangerton Rd was recommended in Crumlin.

On a personal note I have decided against Derry Rd.

SquidwardMangerton Rd is in Drimnagh.

I was just thinking that myself! The roads you named in Drimnagh are all fine as far as I'm aware. I've never seen a bit of trouble in Drimnagh, I know there obviously is, like every where but personally I think Crumlin is worse!

I looked at buying in Cooley Rd very near Kilworth some years ago. A work colleague said he'd ring his cousin in Sundrive G.S. for me. I found out I would have been a few doors down from one of the main crime families in the big CrumDrim feud. So I decided against...

I live in Drimnagh, off Mourne road. Very very quiet. Nice mixed area - old crinklies and ftbs. Never any trouble.

On saying that Primtime was saying that 11 people have been killed in the drugs war between the 2 main Drimnagh gangs but I don't think any of them were actually killed in Drimnagh itself!

Close to Luas and new proposed lines to go on the same red line route down along the canal.
Also more rentable, as hospital and luas near. I think there are more green areas in drimnagh too.

Couldn't recommend it enough!
When I was looking at mine i drove around the area on a friday night to check it out and saw nothing untoward - just a load of kids that know how to play football!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back