CRS form AIB

anydroid

Hi.
I'm Irish living in the UK and I retain a small AIB current account for use when home.
AIB have issued me with a "Tax Certification Form for Personal Customers" which contains sweet-FA in terms of information, except that I should help them to comply with some USA FATCA and OECD CRS regulations. To complete the form I would have tell AIB my UK NI number. However... because the form is clear as mud, I can list up to three different jurisdictions for tax residency.
Should I add my Irish PPSN, even though I live/work in the UK?
What happens if I just ignore this? It seems like the obligation to comply falls on banks, not customers?

hiya I’m just wondering what did you do as I’m in same situation would appreciate any advice, thanks

You essentially need to provide your name, registered address, place of birth, date of birth and all tax residencies and TINs (i.e. anywhere where you are or were a registered tax payer and received a TIN).

If you are not a US citizen or US tax resident, then there are no implications for FATCA.

From my understanding, if you are tax resident in a CRS reportable jurisdiction, the bank will report your personal details to the local tax authority and if applicable that same tax authority will then be required to exchange your personal information with tax authority bodies in the other tax jurisdictions involved.

Back