Croskerrys Solicitors letter demanding full payment of a BoI €18k loan - what next?

Its shocking whats happening out there to ordinary people, living in fear of a knock on the door of your own house. These institutions were handing out pre-approved loans only 3 years ago and increasing credit card limits without notifying customers.

I'm not saying we dont all need to take responsibility for our spending habits but the banks have to also. You reap what you sow!

People’s circumstances change overnight through no fault of their own. I personally used to take home 6K a month net and now I take home zero. Business gone! Banks that used to call me on a weekly basis offering me 100K for this or 200K for that! Now? They wont even take my calls, "sorry, your account has been passed to collections, you need to deal with them now".

I have had very threatening people knocking on my door representing some very big name banks. Intimidation? Its a state of mind, what can they do? If they threaten you, you can have them arrested.

If you end up in court? A judge is a human being; if you face up to your problems he will take your side! If you have made an effort to pay something? He will take your side. Do not fear the courts. Justice means fairness.

And as for the few people on here “judging” pixie? I hope you guys never fall off of your perch, it can happen before you know it! And it’s hard to keep going, it’s hard to smile some days but its life and life only! You’ll come through it and you won’t ever allow yourself go back there so you will be stronger for it.

I think someone should set up a website naming and shaming the practices of these institutions when things go bad, so that in the good times when we all have money again? We will only do business with the ones that showed us compassion in our darkest hour. You know what? That’s what I’m going to do; I have all the time in the world. Best of look Pixie, don’t let them break you, you’re not alone.

That's a really positive post :) Good luck with everything. You're right everyone will come through this period and hopefully lessons will be learned.

Has anyone asked these "Debt Collectors" for valid ID when they call. You'll find that they don't. If they then return with ID you are quite entitled to take their details and advise them that when they verify that their details are in order you will contact them.

I have never heard of debt collectors calling to houses looking for money. Normally they prefer to send letters instead with scary red writing and letterheads.

I have never heard of debt collectors calling to houses looking for money.

Doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. Get real, how else are these people going to make efforts to collect ?

They send letters, well all the reputable ones do. Only the bad ones employ heavies.

What can a heavy do when he calls? Absolutely nothing is the answer.

98Merc, very well said.

Ditsy, that's an interesting question. When I asked the collector who arrived at my door for ID he looked at me like I'd lost the plot. When I rang the bank to confirm there was a collector at my door they couldn't confirm if they had sent him out. How ludicrous is that?

Time, Mercman is correct. They are sending collectors to people's homes. I can vouch for that.

Yeah I've heard of that. Have to say if anybody showed up at my door like that I would be pretending that my very timid great dane is actually a monster.

Debt collection agents have no legal standing in Ireland so you can just ignore them.

I posted a few days ago saying that I had received a call from Croskerrys solicitors in relation to my Bank of Ireland account. I sent an e-mail to their general e-mail address requesting that they send me full details either by post or by e-mail and I have since received a letter from them.

In their letter they're demanding (on behalf of Bank of Ireland) full payment of an €18,000 loan within 7 days and if it is not paid they will begin legal proceedings against me for recovery of the loan. I am at a complete loss and don't know what to do. Can anybody advise what happens next and what is the most likely outcome?

Some background on the issue is that I have a loan with BOI when I was made redundant I decreased payments, shortly after I found a new job but had to take a massive pay cut, I then had to decrease payments again. All of this was agreed with BOI and I assumed that as long as I continued to make my payments (obviously until such a time as I could increase them) that our agreement would stay in place.

I don't understand why they're suddenly demanding the full payment of the loan.

Also, would anyone have any information or advice on the type of letter I should write back to Croskerrys?

I had a civil bill delivered to my door by Crosskerrys, I did not sign for it but I accepted it and contacted them immediatly.
It was in relation to a supplier in the UK, We had closed our business and had contacted said supplier to return stock.
We recieved no response from supplier, Nor any notification from Crosskerrys prior to delivery of Civil Bill.
I went on to the Crosskerry.com website where they state their procedure of debt collection very clearly, They had not maintained that criteria in regard to this situation.
I sent Croskerrys 7 emails before I had to demand an acknowledgement of reciept of same.
All goods were returned to supplier but Crosskerrys are now asserting Court proceedings with the threat of Judgement Mortgage.
I am unemployed, Have lost my business and tettering on the precipice of a breakdown, Try as I do to remain rational and logical, These Law firms dealing primarily with debt collection really need to be seen to abide by their own professed criteria.

You are only a number to the likes of Crosskerrys. They only take orders from their masters.

Back