Croke park tax proposition?

Tebbit

I am a public servant earning over 65,000 by 300 euro, does this mean that I'll be hit with the tax hike even though I'm only the tiniest bit over the threshold of 65,000?

I believe so.

But your salary cannot reduce below €65,000 under Croke Park 2 as a consequence of the tax deduction.

Marion

Your salary will be cut to €65,000, it will not fall below this if the CP II proposals are accepted.
(Not sure what is meant by tax hike)

Thanks for those replies. Just another question regarding CP2? Is it true that those over 65,000 also have to give up either 6 days pay or 6 days leave?

Thanks for those replies. Just another question regarding CP2? Is it true that those over 65,000 also have to give up either 6 days pay or 6 days leave?

Is your google machine broken?! If you google LRC Croke Park Proposals you'll find this [broken link removed] which contains this:

"For those currently on the final point on the incremental scale and with salaries between €35,000 and €65,000 (inclusive of allowances in the nature of pay), the following arrangements will apply, in the interests of equity:
 A total reduction of annual leave entitlement over the period of the Agreement of 6 days: Or
 A cash deduction from salary of an equivalent amount to the value of the 6 annual leave days or a half of the most recent increment, whichever is the lesser

For those on salaries between €35,000 and €65,000 (inclusive of allowances in the nature of pay) and who reach the maximum of the scale following a single 15 month incremental period, a reduction of annual leave entitlement of 3 days will apply, or an equivalent amount to the value of the 3 annual leave days or a quarter of the most recent increment, whichever is the lesser."

So the simple answer is no, those over 65 won't lose 6 days annual leave. The purpose of the 6 days leave measure is that people at the top of a scale between 35k & 65k would be pretty much unaffected by any pay measures. Those over 65k wil get a pay cut, so that's their pound of flesh.

Back