Croatia - Pula or Split

dillsquatt

Just wondered has anyone been to both and if so which would you recommend.

We would be going for a week in 2019 - a couple in our mid 50s - we like good food and wine and a relaxed atmoshehre. We like walking and cycling - wouldnt be hiring a car so would be depending on public transport if travelling for day trips.

any views would be appreciated - thanks

(Note: Have been to Drubrovnik and loved it - wonder are either similar)

I haven't been to Split, was on a day trip to Pula as staying in nearby seaside village of Porec (which was nice but small).
I thought parts of Pula were a bit beaten up and it's a bustling town, was much happier in Porec. In the small harbour you can take boat trips - an all day 'fish picnic', or just an hour say in a glass bottom boat.

I was there towards the end of the season, which was mid-September, I got the feeling come October there wouldn't be much touristy stuff still open.

Hi. We stayed near Pula and visited it briefly. I felt l would like to have spent more time there. We visited Split on a cruise ship visit and loved it. Architecture is lovely and the palace of Diocletian fascinating. Smaller feel to it. I would jump at the chance to visit either again. It would depend on ease and cost of flights. Slim

Back