crickets

Bravo!

I insist we start an annual posts of the year competition.
This one is a definite nominee if the "Most Surreal Post" Category.

Don't mean to make fun, I'm sure it's a serious request, but very "out there".

-Rd

Ron,

If you want to breed them [broken link removed] link might be useful.

Otherwise I'd imagine your pet shop might be able to get in some foil wrapped (for extra freshness) crickets.

I too thought this post quite funny. I just hope you're not planning to take over the world with your lizard family :)

When I was a student down in Carlow I shared an apartment with a chap who was baby-sitting a snake for a couple of months. Quite strange to have bags of frozen mice beside the fish fingers in the freezer.

Re: frozen mice

I hear they're lovely with some nice fried mushrooms.

Re: frozen mice

Where can I get cheap lizards in bulk? The cat has had kittens and needs to train them to hunt.

ok u people are supposed to know how to get this This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language i have a pregnant lizard thats goin to have over forty babies and for them lots of crickets are needed how thas surreal i dont know. no point in bein assholes about it

> have a pregnant lizard thats goin to have over forty babies

I'm sure you make a lovely couple.

No wonder the lizard civilsation never took hold. Imagine all the child benefit payments.

Make the lizards earn their keep by working as [broken link removed].

What noise do crickets make? (my daughter asked me once but I was never able to answer)

Howzat.

If you've ever been anywhere in the Med for hols, you'll know the sound that's made just before/after sunset. If you and your computer are equipped for sound then try this

Dougal, never been to the med but that's exactly the same sound I hear when I hit 70 on the M50! Glad to hear its only a cricket. I'll call Rentokill on Monday morning and thanks a million for saving me a small fortune on mechanic fees.

So you've got crickets in your car! And they only wake up when you're doing 70! Mind you, with all the crap in our car we advise people to get tetanus booster before getting in.

what would I know

>no point in bein assholes about it

Nice one ron, you're bound to get loads of helpful answers after calling everyone an asshole.

cricket

A rambler crossed into a field in the middle of the country and found a cricket ball, 2 fields on he found another one.
A very puzzled rambler crossed into the next field and found a dead cricket
Boom Boom

Comment

Dougal you're not the reincarnation of Freddy by any chance? I detect a similar wit. l

On a tangent I remember calling Dublin Zoo sometime last year to see if they would be interested in some fresh Eucalyptus leaves (spot of gardening and decided to chop down one of the weeds). Discovered they don't have many Eucalyptus eating exhibits these days. What no Koalas? No Kangaroos in A Zoo?

Piggy here is one for you:

"Crispy Crickets: To make 1 cup of Crispy Crickets, preheat the oven to 225 degrees. Strip the antennae, limbs, and wings (if any) from 20 to 30 clean, frozen adult crickets or 40 to 60 cricket nymphs. The actual number may vary, depending on the life stages of the crickets being used, but best cooking results are obtained if all the crickets are roughly the same size. Spread the stripped crickets on lightly oiled baking sheet and place in oven. Bake until crickets are crisp, around 20 minutes."

Where to get your crickets?

Search on the Internet under cricket suppliers. They cost $11 per 1,000 (all sizes) by post.

Back