Credit Report

indebtedgal

I applied for my credit report with icb and recieved it today!! When i applied i gave all previous addresses and 2 variations of my name that i use. However only transactions from my current address are referred to in the report. I have a loan with aib and that was not mentioned. I rang aib and they said it would only be mentioned if it had a bad history and as i've never missed a payment it wasn't. However i also have a CU loan which i have never missed a payment on and that was on it. When i was at the old addresses i defaulted on creditcard payments and i was also late paying a boi loan among other stuff and none of that is on it?? That was about 2-4 years ago. Am i right to assume i got an incomplete report from them??? ( i had my hopes up when i read it 1st that all was forgiven)..

I applied for my credit report with icb and recieved it today!! When i applied i gave all previous addresses and 2 variations of my name that i use. However only transactions from my current address are referred to in the report. I have a loan with aib and that was not mentioned. I rang aib and they said it would only be mentioned if it had a bad history and as i've never missed a payment it wasn't. However i also have a CU loan which i have never missed a payment on and that was on it. When i was at the old addresses i defaulted on creditcard payments and i was also late paying a boi loan among other stuff and none of that is on it?? That was about 2-4 years ago. Am i right to assume i got an incomplete report from them??? ( i had my hopes up when i read it 1st that all was forgiven)..

Most credit cards don't appear on the report... unless they take you to court...

i am in asimilar boat.i applied for my first report,forgot to fill in previous address's and got a blank report in the post.i applied again,paid the six euro,filled in all my previous address's and sent it off,again i got a letter out stating that i needed to prove that i lived in the address i am currently at in order to get this report.
i supplied all the relevant information while applying and do not understand where the problem is

am

Credit cards DO appear on the report. Mine are on it and I have never missed a payment in my life.

As far as I know different companies use different criteria for notifying credit - I have 3 and 2 of them (AIB and MBNA) are registered on my credit report even though I have never missed a payment and they are clear. My BOI one isn't there at all.

None of the credit card I've had have appeared on the report -

AIB
BOI
MBNA

maybe you don't have full report. Following cards are on mine:
Ulster bank zinc
tesco
MBNA

None of the credit card I've had have appeared on the report -

AIB
BOI
MBNA

Hi there,

I've recently received my first credit report, and both MBNA & AIB Credit cards are one it. However, a Aib loan, and an Ulster bank loan that i have run up serious arrears on are NOT mentioned.

Have you tried callin the ICB?, they will discuss your report over the phone once you quote the reference number.

GE Money have made some serious errors on my report and i have reported it to the financial regulator,

When I received my credit report, BOI credit card was not on it and MBNA was - also have not missed a payment on either one.

There certainly has been more reporting of credit cards in the last couple of years - I've noticed lenders querying undisclosed CC balances in the last year or so, but but prior to this it was extremely rare. All CCs may not yet be on the system but I think they soon will.

i rang the icb and asked them what the story was. they said i had a complete report based on the info i had given which was all correct. but its weird. i have a loan with cu which is up to date and that is on it as well as a ge loan which has recently been paid off but has always been up to date but an aib loan that is also up to date is not on it... i can't understand it....

hi all, how do you find it that you have bad credit history? recently i got my report. it is not include my aib cc only. i have miss payment once on mbna cc. do i can see as it is bad credit history. i have loan that will be finish mar 08 and 2 credit card and overdraft of 2100. i dont get any loan for to cancel my cc and stay on loan to get out of debt.

so what i do whenever i applied it get refuse.

santu

whilst going through dublin airport i was stopped and asked to answer a few questions by a rep from ryanair selling credit cards.i filled in the survey and today i have received a credit card pin number,which tells me i will receive a credit card.
i cannot understand how this is the case if i have had to get a mortgage with a sub prime lender,are mbna supposed to do a credit check on customers before awarding these cards,i am not saying that i am going to abuse this card but i am surprised that i was not refused,

am

hi all, how do you find it that you have bad credit history? recently i got my report. it is not include my aib cc only. i have miss payment once on mbna cc. do i can see as it is bad credit history. i have loan that will be finish mar 08 and 2 credit card and overdraft of 2100. i dont get any loan for to cancel my cc and stay on loan to get out of debt.

so what i do whenever i applied it get refuse.

santu

Your prob getting refused a loan as you alreay have a loan, and you have two credit cards, the repaymetnt of both loans, and both credit cards would prob result in overstreaching, and therefore you were refused your loan. Are you with your local credit union?

Regards

also, you can log on here, www.icb.ie, and order a copy of your credit report for E6.00. You will see excatly what the bank see's then.

I got mine recently. No sign of my AIB credit card but my Tescos credit card was there. It even had the balance.

Very simple answer here...
The guys are being paid to push credit...
At the rates that Credit Card Companies charge interest...they can afford a higher level of risk...
Unless you have to have it....return the Credit Card unused and have the account cancelled.....particularly if you are working to re-build your credit rating...
Good Luck!

Back