Credit rating

Jpj5000

Hi, my wife and i recently applied for a mortgage and all is in order except i had a loan in 1998 with the credit union and didn't pay it back as i ran into financial difficulty. Its showing on my credit bureau report as opened in 2008. There are monthly marks saying written off but in jan 2020 the written off changes to a number that i owe and interest has been accruing since jan 2020. They havnt sent letters but there is an item on report saying i made a payment in 2013 which isn't Correct. Should this be statue barred at this stage and can it be removed from my report? Or should i pay it but will we then not be able to get a mortgage for 5 years?

Hi, my wife and i recently applied for a mortgage and all is in order except i had a loan in 1998 with the credit union and didn't pay it back as i ran into financial difficulty. Its showing on my credit bureau report as opened in 2008. There are monthly marks saying written off but in jan 2020 the written off changes to a number that i owe and interest has been accruing since jan 2020. They havnt sent letters but there is an item on report saying i made a payment in 2013 which isn't Correct. Should this be statue barred at this stage and can it be removed from my report? Or should i pay it but will we then not be able to get a mortgage for 5 years?
Hi did you have a look with this? In a similar situation and wondering if it is statute barred.

Hi Carfos,

Welcome to AAM.

Jpj5000 has not logged into AAM for a long time so may not see your post unfortunately.

Back