Credit Rating

kraggy

Hello there,

I'm currently having a dispute with a mobile broadband provider. The service I signed up for is not the service I received and so some months ago, I asked that they cancel the contract (18 months, 25 euro per month).

The service was atrocious. I rang up their technical support a few times and they tried to convince me that I was always within an area of good coverage. Thus, they tried to say the fault was with my laptop and not their service. I rang a few times but in the end I couldn't be bothered ringing again as the advice they were giving over the phone made absolutley no improvement in the situation. As far as I can see, they simply oversubscribed the service and so the bandwidth was very low for each customer. The amount of complaints on other websites is huge.

A lot of the time I couldn't even connect to the internet, never mind have an fast connection. Those times that I could connect, it would disconnect within minutes. Their argument is that there is evidence of much usage on my account. My argument is that I needed it for work and there were many times I couldn't connect when I really needed to. Long story short, they refuse to cancel the contract.

I have been in touch with ComReg. Hopefully the will be able to sort things for me. However, in the event that they can't, and there is still money owing from me to this "provider", can this affect my credit rating? And if so, for how long?

I intend to apply for a job cross channel this year and one of the requirements is that I provide a credit report. I will not be a happy camper if I don't get to provide a credit report. Hopefully ComReg will help as I don't think it's fair for me to be penalised when I haven't been getting the service I had expected.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

K.

No, your dealings with an internet service provider would not appear on your credit report. It's mainly banks, credit card companies, local authorities & credit unions who provide information that could affect your credit rating, a full list of which you can find here [broken link removed]

If that's true, that's great. Thanks for giving me good news.

The company involved are an absolute disgrace and whatever else, I won't be paying them one more cent.

I was getting letters from some legal company in England acting on their behalf, threatening me with legal action etc but those letters have stopped since last Septmember. I am now just getting the monthly bill as normal in the post from the mobile company themselves.

What do you reckon will happen I just ignore these? I'm going to go through ComReg anyway just in case.

No, your dealings with an internet service provider would not appear on your credit report. It's mainly banks, credit card companies, local authorities & credit unions who provide information that could affect your credit rating, a full list of which you can find here [broken link removed]

This is true but lenders can also check whether any court judgements have been granted against you. If you have a judgment against you, your credit record will be impaired and you will have difficulty securing finance.

As letters have stopped, hopefully it's the end of the matter.

Hello all, excuse me not starting a new thread for this but it is related. I got my credit report back today and it just said "NO DATA FOUND"

Now I used the correct details name, dob, address (always lived there)

The thing is I have had a bank loan and a credit union loan before (Less than 5 years since)

What should I make of this? Hopefully its good news to see "No Data" on the report but I cant help thinking its too good to be true.

@twosupporter : some banks do not record some loand types ie term loans on the ICB and most credit unions are not members.

Thanks for the reply, got the report explained to me and it seems nothing to do with my history was recorded. I applied for a loan then to test the water, which was refused but I wasn't given a reason. The lady with whom I spoke with did suggest the refusal may be down to not having a track record on file. Although they never mentioned ICB in their terms.

Back