Credit rating and records

CO'L

Can anybody help me with this. I haven't had any problems or been refused for a loan or anything but I want to make sure my credit rating is okay and that there aren't any accidental "black marks" anywhere. I have to get a mortgage in the next couple of months and I just want to make sure everything is in order.

I know that you can send a nominal amount to somewhere and they send you all your details that are held by banks etc but I don't where to start.

help!!

Note that the ICB merely stores credit history records. They don't do credit rating scores. Financial institutions draw their own conclusions about credit rating from the records.

From the site linked:

6. Can I get a copy of my credit report?

Under Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, you are entitled to receive a full copy of any data, which is held in your respect on ICB’s Database.

ICB have a responsibility to keep your reports confidential, therefore ICB cannot discuss any detail of your credit report including it’s contents over the phone until after you have received your credit report.

You must complete an application form to enable ICB to process your request.

1.​
You may download and print the application form [broken link removed] [broken link removed]
or
2.​
You may [broken link removed] [broken link removed] ICB by phone (01) 2600388 and request a copy be posted to you.
or
3.​
You may enter your name and address here and [broken link removed] [broken link removed] a copy of the form be posted.
Please remember to sign your form as it will not be possible for ICB to process forms without your signature.

One form should be completed per person.

There is a €6.00 fee required per application which can be paid by either Bank Draft or Postal order. Please remember to include the relevant fee with your application.

Is it possible to pay the EUR6 by credit card if asking for the report by phone ?

rynivn said:
From the site linked:

Is it possible to pay the EUR6 by credit card if asking for the report by phone ?

You can't ask for the report by phone, you can request the form by phone which then has to be posted in.

Ahh ok, ever get the impression that they don't want people to ask for reports.

Not really. There are legitimate security issues with giving such information over the phone. They have a clear and relatively cheap process for individuals to get their hands on their credit history records. Can't see what the problem is to be honest.

BTW you are under no obligation to use their form. You can simply write in with the €6 fee.

I meant that they only accept postal orders or bankers drafts. Sorry about not being clear :).

Alex said:
check out www.icb.ie for details. i find this website quite good.

Alex.

It is quite good yes. At least that website will point you in the right direction and give you an idea of what to do. I was told to use this website by a good friend a while back. It helped me find what I was looking for.

Mimi

From a banker....one quick warning. The one thing you don't want to do in the previous 6 months before looking for any loan is to have any "unpaids" come out of your a/c ie. chqs, s/o's or d/d's bouncing or loans showing in arrears.

If you've left a bad debt anywhere, even in your student days, it will stay on your record, forever. Never ever leave bad debts !!!

i thought i heard someone mention that it only stays on your record for 5 years?

Alex.

Back