credit checks at drawdown stage- insight needed!

cherry_blossom

Hi,

Been reading this forum for a while - very helpful when going through the mortgage process.

About 9 years I got a credit card and moved away to Australia and forgot about the final balance of about 600 euro. This was with BOI. ( so young and stupid - don't judge!)

When I came back, I never returned to that address and have been at my current address for about 8 years now.

Since then I've gotten a credit card with another bank and 1-2 smaller credit union loans which are all paid back on time since.

I got mortgage approval in principle from 3 banks, all with an exception to borrow 4 x salary. I decided to go with Bank of Ireland and got the full approval letter and paid my deposit. I will be requesting the drawdown in the next couple of weeks when the house is ready.

My questions are -

Would the credit check have been part of the application process? Presumably they would do a background check on the person applying before offering the loan offer letter, which I signed and returned before I paid my deposit?

I know they will run another credit check before they issue the funds and there has been 0 change in my circumstances. Is it reasonable to think I should have little to worry about since 3 banks offered me approval with an exception and I've gotten credit from other institutions in the past 5 years?

Does anyone have any advice about what I could do in the meantime to put my mind at ease?

Thanks in advance!

Am late replying to this, but have just closed on a house purchase, the very last thing the solicitor informed me before closing, a credit check would be done on me, I was sent a report as a name similar to mine turned up on the search and I had to sign confirming it was not me.

If you have got as far as full mortgage approval then the lender would most certainly have done a credit check on you already.

The OP could have done his own credit check on himself, but as he got this far it seems to me he’s all clear.

Back